- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 31 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:007_(game). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/007_(game).
Template:More citations needed Template:Unreliable sources 007 (also known as James Bond, shotgun, standoff and other names) is a hand game similar to Rock–paper–scissors. It is played with at least 2 people. The objective of the game is to be the last player alive.
Playing the game
Before players perform their turn they commonly slap their lap twice and (in some variants) chanting double-o-seven.
The game generally consist of 3 moves, they are gun, shield and reload (sometimes called Power up). In the game shield protects the player from gun. Reload reloads the gun so you can use it for a turn. To kill a player you must shot a loaded gun at a player and they must be either, reloading or using gun. If you both shot gun at each other you both die in most variants of the game.
To perform the gun move you but your hand in a gun gesture. This is achieved by putting your two hand together, interlocking all your fingers but you thumb and pointer finger, then you raise your thumbs up and extending your pointer fingers forwards.
To reload you make a thumbs up gesture with both your hands and move your hand up and behind you 90 degrees. Your thumbs should be pointing behind you and your hands should be above your shoulders. In some variants you only need to use one hand.
The names James Bond and 007 are from James Bond.
- "How to Play the Shotgun Game" (in en). wikiHow. https://www.wikihow.com/Play-the-Shotgun-Game#Simple_Shotgun_sub.
- "Standoff (hand game)" (in en-US). Ludocity. 2013-09-17. http://ludocity.org/wiki/Standoff_(hand_game).
- "007" (in en-US). http://folklore.usc.edu/?p=25474.
- "How to Win at "Shotgun" (or not)" (in en-US). Nuclear Chicken Collusion. 2011-08-28. https://nuclearchickencollusion.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/how-to-win-at-%E2%80%9Cshotgun%E2%80%9D-or-not/.
- Wikihow entry (it has instruction on how to play the game as has different variants of the game in it.