- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 4 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:180_Nutrition. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/180_Nutrition, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/180_Nutrition.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2017)
180 Nutrition is an Australian online business, founded in March 2010, by Stuart Cooke and Guy Lawrence. The business sells protein supplements. The company gets its name from the product's components: one serving of protein, eight natural ingredients, and zero preservatives.
The idea of the business came into being when Guy Lawrence did market research on protein supplements and came to the conclusion that most of them may be dangerous to health. Sweeteners and artificial ingredients were being used in a variety of health products. He wanted to promote supplements that used natural ingredients. Lawrence experimented with his own ingredients and, with the help of a nutritionist and a health expert, developed a protein formula. After he shared the idea with his friend Cooke, they became business partners.
By 2013, Guy and Cooke had managed to get customers and a fan following on Facebook by writing about controversial health topics. They started off with Cooke's wife packaging and delivering the product by post. When their customers increased, they then outsourced the help for packaging. They ventured on with an initial capital of $3000 and by 2013, their sales revenue reached $150,000. The financial security allowed them to quit their jobs, and focus onto their business. Their business effort was recognised nationwide when they were chosen as finalists for the micro-business Telstra Business Awards, in both 2013 and 2014. They came in at second place in 2013.
By the end of the year 2013, with the support of a network of gyms, health stores and chemists around the country, 180 Nutrition had planned on going international, starting the distribution of their product in New Zealand, UK, United States and Canada. When asked about the success factor of the business, Lawrence accredited his partner Cooke for sharing his passion and said that the "yin and the yang is super important". Stuart Cooke is responsible for the order and delivery of the product. The co-founder claims to have built a system that can handle 500 plus orders a day. The founders of the business have solely relied on social media for the marketing of their products and have never spent their revenues over conventional marketing mediums.
The company now boasts a very successful podcast talking about all things health and wellness, interviewing well known experts from around the world.
- "Our Story in a Nutshell". 180 Nutrition Pty. http://180nutrition.com.au/about-us/. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Jones, Kate (2 June 2013). "Protein supplement business an internet sensation". Sydney Morning Herald. http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/entrepreneur/protein-supplement-business-an-internet-sensation-20130801-2r2zi. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Williams, Sue (24 March 2013). "Body-conscious teens take risks with protein powders". The Age National. http://www.theage.com.au/national/health/bodyconscious-teens-take-risks-with-protein-powders-20130323-2gmel.html. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "Shaking Things Up". The Australian. 17 February 2012. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/the-deal-magazine/shaking-things-up/story-e6frgabx-1226269807711&memtype=anonymous. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "180 Nutrition". National Media Pty Limited. http://www.naturallygood.com.au/syd15/exhibitor/180-nutrition/. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "180 Natural Protein Superfood gives you a power packed meal in a glass". Buy AustralianMade. http://www.buyaustralianmade.com.au/clients/558-180-nutrition. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "The Small Businesses That Are Thinking Big In Awards". The Telegraph. 20 March 2013. http://180nutrition.com.au/in-the-media/. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- Williams, Sue (7 November 2014). "Record number of Sydney properties for auction to buy before Christmas". Fairfax Media. http://news.domain.com.au/domain/real-estate-news/record-number-of-sydney-properties-for-auction-to-buy-before-christmas-20141105-11gvk7.html. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "BEST NEW SOUTH WALES BUSINESSES VYING FOR PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS". News Corp Australia. 16 June 2013. https://www.telstrabusinessawards.com/news/2013/best-new-south-wales-businesses-vying-prestigious-awards/. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "OWNERS OF BRILLIANT NSW BUSINESSES FINDING THEIR NICHE". News Corp Australia. 6 June 2014. https://www.telstrabusinessawards.com/news/2014/owners-brilliant-nsw-businesses-finding-niche/. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- ROCHFORT, SCOTT (22 July 2014). "Healthy profits form a sweet idea for protein powder business 180 Nutrition". The Daily Telegraph. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/healthy-profits-form-a-sweet-idea-for-protein-powder-business-180-nutrition/story-fnkltfm0-1226997280646. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Stuart Cooke - The Three Pillars of Health : Mindset, Nutrition & Sleep" (in en-US). RAW Barbell Club. 2018-06-14. http://www.rawbarbellclub.com/podcast/podcast-episode-36/.