- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 7 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:1st_Central. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/1st_Central.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2015)
1st Central dates back to 2006, when Peter Creed presented a business plan to Patrick Tilley, Ken Acott and Tom Acott detailing the pricing techniques available in the fledgling aggregator marketplace. Together they established First Central Enterprises Limited, as a private company based in the UK.
On 29 October 2008 the Group sold its first policy through its link with the price comparison website Gocompare.com and soon established itself on the UK’s other main price comparison websites, Confused.com, Moneysupermarket.com and comparethemarket.com. In April 2013, less than four-and-a-half years after its launch, the company sold its one millionth policy .
Following the appointment of Andy James as the new Chief Executive Officer of First Central Insurance Management Limited in 2013, the company launched its first TV advert through Sky Adsmart in October 2013, a program that tailors what is shown during TV ad breaks according to a household’s profile and location.
1st Central has received the following national awards:
- 2015 Employer of the Year - Gatwick Diamond Business Awards
- 2014 Celent Model Insurer Awards Highly Commended - Celent Model Insurer Awards
- 2013 Employer of the Year - Business Matters Awards
- 2012 Employer of the Year - Business Matters Awards
- "First Central looks to hit £22m in first trading year". 2008. http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/news/1246478/first-central-looks-hit-gbp22m-trading.
- "FIRST CENTRAL ENTERPRISES LIMITED". CompaniesInTheUK. https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/first-central-enterprises.
- "A soft start-up for hard times". www.postonline.co.uk. http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/interview/1242459/a-soft-start-hard-times.
- "1st central appoints new ceo as founder acott takes on chairman role Insurance Age". www.insuranceage.co.uk. http://www.insuranceage.co.uk/insurance-age/news/2253781/1st-central-appoints-new-ceo-as-founder-acott-takes-on-chairman-role.
- Template:Cite av media
- "Sky AdSmart launch backed by some of the biggest brands in Britain". https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2014/sky_adsmart_launch.
- "Car Insurance - Star Ratings - Defaqto". http://defaqto.com/star-ratings/car-insurance.
- Ben Harvey. "The 2015 winners! - GDB Awards". http://www.gatwickdiamondbusinessawards.com/101-2015-winners.html.
- "Aia Software - Kofax". http://www.aiasoftware.com/index.php/en/press-releases/1st-central-receives-highly-commended-award-from-celent/.
- "Business Matters Awards". TimelessTime. http://www.timelesstime.co.uk/blog/2013/09/business-matters-awards/.
- "Slideshow: Business Matters Awards winners announced". http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/business/business-news/slideshow-business-matters-awards-winners-announced-1-4085919.