2016 Ferndale earthquake
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 8 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2016_Ferndale_earthquake. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2016_Ferndale_earthquake, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2016_Ferndale_earthquake.
The 2016 Ferndale earthquake occurred at 6:39:46 local time along the coast of Northern California. The earthquake struck 160 km west of Ferndale, California with a moment magnitude of 6.5 and a maximum Mercalli intensity of V (Moderate). The moment magnitude was initially estimated by USGS as 6.9 but was later downgraded to 6.5. It was the strongest of 3 quakes to hit the same area in the week. There were no immediate reports of damage after the earthquake.
- "M6.5 - 160km W of Ferndale, California". http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us20007z6r.
- Rocha, Veronica. "Powerful magnitude 6.5 earthquake hits off Northern California coast". http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-earthquake-northern-california-20161208-story.html.
- "Powerful 6.9 earthquake hits California" (in en-GB). The Independent. 2016-12-08. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/california-earthquake-today-69-northern-tremor-ferndale-us-state-a7463701.html.
- "6.8 magnitude quake strikes of Northern Calif. coast" (in en-US). 6.8 magnitude quake strikes of Northern Calif. coast. http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/68-magnitude-quake-strikes-of-northern-calif-coast.
- Hanna, Jason; Sutton, Joe. "6.5-magnitude earthquake strikes off California coast". http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/us/california-pacific-ocean-earthquake/index.html.
- Press, Associated (2016-12-08). "Magnitude 6.5 earthquake reported off northern California coast" (in en-GB). The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/08/california-earthquake-pacific-ocean.