2016 Indian Chief Ministers Committee for Digital Payment Systems
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 1 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2016_Indian_Chief_Ministers_Committee_for_Digital_Payment_Systems. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2016_Indian_Chief_Ministers_Committee_for_Digital_Payment_Systems.
Central Government of India, on 30 November 2016, constituted a 13 member Committee, consisting of six Chief ministers of India from different States of India, to govern the digital payment systems across India, as a progressive move, towards Narendra Modi Government initiation for cashless economy. The Committee includes, Chief Ministers, NITI Aayog members and experts.
List of Members in Panel
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandra Babu Naidu
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling
- Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy
NITI Aayog members
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant who will also serve as the Secretary of the Committee.
- Former UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani,
- Boston Consulting Group, Chairman Janmejaya Sinha,
- netCore MD Rajesh Jain,
- iSPIRIT Co-founder Sharad Sharma and
- Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad Professor Dr. Jayant Verma.
The purpose of setup of Committee, has been done to combat the hurdles, faced by common people after note ban move. The Committee is set up to help adoption of Digital Payment System, by small scale business persons.
To promote and implement the digital payment systems across India with a global perspective, the committee will take measures for next one year 2017. The Committee will also seek, in improving the policies for cashless economy in India.
Meetings of Committee
- "Chandra Babu Naidu to head 13 member Central committee". The Times of India. 1 December 2016. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/AP-CM-Chandrababu-to-head-central-committee-to-promote-e-payments/articleshow/55712921.cms.
- "Panel of CMs to boots digital payment system". Economic Times. 30 November 2016. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/cyber-city-veteran-chandrababu-naidu-to-head-panel-of-cms-to-boost-digital-payment-systems/articleshow/55708608.cms.
- "Naveen Patnaik, on digital payment in banks". The Times of India. 1 December 2016. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhubaneswar/Naveen-Patnaik-wants-banks-to-expand-digital-footprint/articleshow/55718280.cms.
- "Devendra Fadnavis,in , 1st meeting of Committee". Hindustan Times. 2 December 2016. http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-news/make-biometric-system-of-attendance-mandatory-in-maharashtra-schools-says-cm-fadnavis/story-juPpgs3F3I3lEWbUXeXnoN.html.
- "Kant is part of chief ministers committee". Economic Times. 1 December 2016. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/your-12-digit-aadhaar-number-could-soon-replace-all-card-transactions/articleshow/55724309.cms.
- "Nandan Nilekani, in the committee of Digital Payment Systems". The Times of India. 1 December 2016. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/people/Nandan-Nilekani-to-advise-NDA-on-e-payments/articleshow/55719645.cms.
- "Modi selects, expert committee on digital systems". Mumbai Mirror. 1 December 2016. http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/news/india/Modi-picks-Nilekani-in-expert-committee-on-digital-push/articleshow/55715020.cms.
- "Chandra Babu Naidu, during video conferencing". The Times of India. 2 December 2016. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/vijayawada/CM-N-Chandrababu-Naidu-demands-full-proof-plan-to-achieve-e-economy-goal/articleshow/55740017.cms.
- "Committee meets over digital payments". The Hindu. 2 December 2016. http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/NITI-Aayog-CMs-meet-over-digital-payments/article16737970.ece.