2017 Milan attack
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 26 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2017_Milan_attack. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2017_Milan_attack, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2017_Milan_attack.
On 20 May 2017 Italian soldiers on patrol inside the central rail station in Milan were attacked by Ismail Hosni, a 20-year-old man, using two knives. Two soldiers were injured, as well as a policeman.
All three injured officials were taken to hospital. One of the soldiers, who received an injury to the right shoulder, was discharged a few hours after the attack. The other soldier was treated for injuries to his neck, arm and torso, and the policeman for a wound to his right arm.
Italian prosecutors are investigating a man who stabbed a policeman and two army officers at Milan's main train station for alleged international terrorism, an investigative source said. Police said Ismail Hosni, 20, attacked the three men after they asked to see his identity papers. None of the three suffered life-threatening injuries.
Hosni, who was born in Milan, is a citizen of both Italy and Tunisia.
Video released by police showed the injured officers taking hold of Hosni and pushing him to the ground before other patrol staff intervened. Hosni was arrested after the attack and faces possible attempted murder charges. Anti-terrorism police are now looking into whether he has links with militant groups, the investigative source said, in a separate line of investigation from the attempted murder inquiry. Investigators closed down a Facebook page believed to have belonged to Hosni, which contained videos praising hardline Islamic state militants.
Suspect was charged with attempted murder and is is in custody.
- "Italy Train Station Attack". Colorado Springs Gazette. http://gazette.com/italy-train-station-attack/article/feed/462427.
- "Hosni, il niente dietro la barba: "Chiedeva sempre soldi"". Il Giorno. 21 May 2017. http://www.ilgiorno.it/milano/cronaca/centrale-hosni-1.3133003. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Italy Investigates Milan Station Attacker for Alleged Terrorism: Source". 19 May 2017. https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-05-19/italy-probes-milan-train-station-attacker-for-alleged-international-terrorism-source.
- Schumacher, Elizabeth (19 May 2017). "Italy police probe Milan train station attacker for terrorist links". DW. http://www.dw.com/en/italy-police-probe-milan-train-station-attacker-for-terrorist-links/a-38912413. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Manuela (19 May 2017). "Italy investigates Milan station attacker for alleged terrorism - source". Reuters. http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKCN18F1MF. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Man under investigation for Milan stabbing". Il Globo. 22 May 2017. http://ilglobo.com.au/news/34504/man-under-investigation-for-milan-stabbing/#. Retrieved 28 May 2017.