2019 AFLHCC season
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 25 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2019_AFLHCC_season. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2019_AFLHCC_season, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2019_AFLHCC_season.
Original short description: ""
The 2019 AFLHCC season was the 19th season of senior Australian rules football in the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast regions, and the first year that the league was renamed from Black Diamond AFL to AFL Hunter Central Coast, under the AFL NSW/ACT banner.
The Grand Final was played on September 7th 2019, with Terrigal-Avoca beating Newcastle City by 10 points following their Grand Final defeat from the previous season. This is the 5th time that these two clubs have faced off in a Grand Final. The number of teams in the Black Diamond Cup (First Grade) competition was reduced to 10 teams after Lake Macquarie decided to field only one senior men's team to compete in the Black Diamond Plate (Reserves) competition after a winless 2018 season competing in the Black Diamond Cup.
The Representative Game was played on May 20th against AFL South Coast. AFL Hunter Central Coast won the game by 41 points, 12.16 (88) to 6.11 (47).
|Key: P = Played, W = Won, L = Lost, D = Drawn, PF = Points For, PA = Points Against, (P) = Premiers|
- Arnold, Caitlin (10 October 2018). "New AFL Hunter Central Coast League takes shape". https://aflnswact.com.au/afl-hunter-central-coast-takes-shape/.
- Callinan, Josh (2019-09-07). "Black Diamond Cup: Terrigal Avoca edge out Newcastle City in grand final thriller" (in en). https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6372559/black-diamond-cup-terrigal-avoca-edge-out-newcastle-city-in-grand-final-thriller/.
- Callinan, Josh (2019-09-08). "Black Diamond Cup: 'Nerve-racking, exciting, just a cracking grand final'" (in en). https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6372550/black-diamond-cup-nerve-racking-exciting-just-a-cracking-grand-final/.
- Callinan, Josh (11 March 2019). "Aussie rules: Lake Macquarie Dockers drop out of Black Diamond Cup for 2019". Newcastle Herald. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/5946833/aussie-rules-lake-macquarie-dockers-drop-out-of-black-diamond-cup-for-2019/.
- Barrow, Tim (2019-05-20). "Hunter Central Coast prove too slick for South Coast" (in en). https://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/6132805/hunter-central-coast-prove-too-slick-for-south-coast/.