2020 Knoxville stabbing
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 17 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2020_Knoxville_stabbing. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_Knoxville_stabbing, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_Knoxville_stabbing.
Original short description: "2020 attack in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States"
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (April 2020)
The 2020 Knoxville Stabbing occurred on April 7, 2020, shortly before 7 am Eastern Standard Time. A stabbing attack occurred at a Pilot truck stop in the Strawberry Plains area of Knoxville, Tennessee. Three people were killed in the attack, and one was injured. The perpetrator, 33 year old Idris Abdus-Salaam, a truck driver from Durham, North Carolina, was fatally shot by Knox County sheriff's deputies at the scene of the attack shortly thereafter. The attack is currently under investigation.
Abdus-Salaam, a 33 year old from Durham, North Carolina, reportedly arrived at a Pilot Travel Center off Interstate 40 in Knox County, around 11 miles east of Knoxville, shortly before 7 a.m. EST. He proceed to stab three employees at the truck stop: Joyce Whaley, 57; Patricia Denise Nibbe, 51; and Nettie R. Spencer, 41; all died at the scene. The fourth victim, who is unnamed, was a customer of the truck stop and was hospitalized, and later released. They were reportedly targeted both inside and outside the store. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has offered no motive for the stabbings. Abdus-Salaam refused to drop the knife upon arrival of the officers, one of whom then fired several rounds.
- Hickman, Hayes (April 8, 2020). "Three women killed, one injured in stabbing at Tennessee truck stop". USA Today. https://usatoday.com/5119529002.
- "Driver fatally stabs 3 at Tennessee truck stop before he's killed by deputy" (in en). https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/driver-fatally-stabs-3-tennessee-truck-stop-he-s-killed-n1178811.
- "Victim injured in Pilot stabbing released from hospital". WVLT-TV (Knoxville, Tennessee). 2020-04-08. https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Multiple-victims-reported-in-stabbing-at-Strawberry-Plains-Pike-Pilot-569434131.html.
- Vigdor, Neil (2020-04-07). "3 Killed and 1 Wounded in Tennessee Truck Stop Stabbing Spree" (in en-US). The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/tennessee-truck-stop-stabbing.html.