- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 6 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:24_(soundtrack). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/24_(soundtrack), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/24_(soundtrack).
24 is the soundtrack album, composed by A. R. Rahman with song lyrics by Vairamuthu and Madhan Karky, to the 2016 Tamil film of the same name, produced by Suriya and directed by Vikram Kumar. The film stars Suriya, Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menen in lead roles. The album features six tracks, and was released on April 11, 2016 by Eros Music.
In November 2014, A. R. Rahman was announced as the film soundtrack and score composer. Rahman had a six hour script narration session with Suriya and Vikram Kumar before signing the project. Recording of the track "Punnagaye" written by lyricist Vairamuthu was completed by February 2015. In an interview with The Hindu, Suriya told that recording of one more track was completed by September 2015. According to lyricist Madhan Karky, for the track "Naan Un": Rahman was trying out a tune on his piano and Karky was writing the lyrics while listening to him. He wrote a line in Tamil, "Undhan Azhagil Iraivanai Kaankiraen" that translates to, "In Your Beauty, I See God." An inspiration before composing tunes, Rahman had read the same line from the Prophetic books before composing that track. However, the track was initially composed for some other film. Later, it was reworked to suit the film soundtrack.
The original and Telugu versions of the album were released at separate events held at Sathyam Cinemas in Chennai and Shilpkala Vedika in Hyderabad respectively on April 11, 2016. At the launch of original version of the album, there were live performances of songs from the film. Singer Benny Dayal sang the track "Kaalam En Kadhali", followed by Chinmayi singing "Naan Un". Shakthisree Gopalan was next with the track "Aararoo" and the Telugu version "Laalijo" was sung by actress Nithya Menen with A. R. Rahman playing the keyboard.
- Backing Vocals
Dr. Narayanan, D. Sathya Prakash, Nivas, Santhosh Hariharan, Deepak, Maalavika Sundar, Pooja Vaidyanath, Sharanya Srinivas, Sowmya Mahadevan, Suzanne D'Mello, Gary Mesquitta, Alan D'Souza, Hrishikesh Kamerkar, Lara Pinto, Keshia Braganza, Poorvi Koutish
- Strings: The Sunshine Chamber Group
- Indian Rhythm: T. Raja Kumar, Neelagandhan, Vedha, Chinna Prasad
- Flute: Kareem, Kamalakar
- Guitars: Keba Jeremiah
- Cello: V. Sekar
- Kora: Keba Jeremiah
- Record Producer: A. R. Rahman
- Mastering: Suresh Permal
- Strings conductor: V. J. Srinivasamurthy (Template:Small)
- Engineers: Template:Unbulleted list
- Mixing: T. R. Krishna Chetan, Nitish R. Kumar, Ishaan Chhabra
- Additional Programming: Hentry Kuruvilla, T. R. Krishna Chetan, Ishaan Chhabra, Jerry Vincent, Samir D Santhosh
- Music co-ordinators: Noell James, Vijay Iyer
- Musicians' fixer: R. Samidurai
- "AR Rahman's 3rd for Suriya's 24 - Times of India". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/AR-Rahmans-3rd-for-Suriyas-24/articleshow/45120617.cms.
- "Audio launch of Suriya's '24': Actor shares stage with dad Sivakumar and brother Karthi - Firstpost" (in en-US). http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/audio-launch-of-suriyas-24-actor-shares-stage-with-dad-sivakumar-and-brother-karthi-2724616.html.
- "Samantha to join Suriya for 24". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/news/Samantha-to-join-Suriya-for-24/articleshow/46240814.cms. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "A peek behind the scenes" (in en). The Hindu. 10 September 2015. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/a-peek-behind-the-scenes/article7637355.ece.
- "Suriya's tales from a time machine" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2016-04-11. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/suriyas-tales-from-a-time-machine/article8461203.ece.
- "An Incredible Story From Inside A R Rahmans Studio - NDTV Movies". http://movies.ndtv.com/music/an-incredible-story-from-inside-a-r-rahmans-studio-1240802.
- Ramachandran, Mythily (2016-04-13). "Look out for Suriya in triple roles in ‘24’". http://gulfnews.com/life-style/celebrity/desi-news/south-india/look-out-for-suriya-in-triple-roles-in-24-1.1710566.
- Template:Cite AV media notes