Abdullah Mashhoor Kunhikoya Thangal
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 3 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Abdullah_Mashhoor_Kunhikoya_Thangal. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Abdullah_Mashhoor_Kunhikoya_Thangal.
Abdullah Mashhoor Kunhikoya Thangal (Arabic : سيّد عبد الله مشهور كنجكّوي تنجض البريريّ القادري , Malayalam: സയ്യിദ് അബ്ദുള്ള മഷ്ഹൂർ കുഞ്ഞിക്കോയ തങ്ങൾ ) (1948-2017) was an Indian Sufi, and was known as Vadakara Thangal.
He was born to Muhammed Mashhoor Mullakoya Thangal Vadakara and Aysha Atta Beevi on 8 August 1948 (Shawal 2nd, 1367) in his ancestral house called 'Aanantavida' at Vadakara.[no citations needed here]
After primary education, he completed his studies at Manarul Uloom Madrassa High School, the first educational institution at Vadakara. He then took up medicine (Ayurveda) as a profession with his father and spiritual master Muhammed Mashhoor Mullakoya Thangal Vadakara.[no citations needed here]
He grew up by putting into practice what he learned from his father. He received knowledge in medical profession under the guidance of his father and assisted him in it. He received government recognition and registration to manufacture medicine and practice as an ayurvedic physician. In addition to having in depth knowledge in widely popular medical texts, he had received knowledge of rare medical procedures and medicine handed down to generations from an ancient stream of Siddha Vaidya.Template:Fact
Thangal was the 37th grandson of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad.Template:Fact Thangal who was a master of the Qadiriyya Sufi Order was the 25th generation in the lineage of Sufi masters from Sheikh Abdul-Qadir Gilani and 42nd from Muhammad.Template:Fact
In the spiritual world
Following to his father's death, he became the spiritual master of Qadiriyya, Chisthiya (chisti), Tabaqathiya and Zuharawardiya paths of Tariqa. He has a lot of disciples both inside and outside Kerala.
He offered wisdom to people irrespective of national, religious and caste differences.Template:Fact
|Mashhoor ancestral genealogy of Abdullah Mashhoor Kunhikoya Thangal Template:Fact|
|Mashhoor Qadiri Tariqa lineage of Abdullah Mashhoor Kunhikoya Thangal Template:Fact|
- "Mashhoor Mullakoya Thangal and Vadakara". https://www.scribd.com/document/355978218/Mashhoor-Mullakoya-Thangal-and-Vadakara.
- Chapter published by, Baithul Ayshabi (2016). "Book Chapter about Sheikh Thangal". https://www.scribd.com/document/355975609/Sayyid-Mashhoor-Kunhikoya-Thangal-Vadakara.
- KMCC, Vadakara. "Magazine". https://www.scribd.com/document/355988296/Magazine-Vdk-Kmcc.
- "Mashhoor Moulid, Mashhoor Mala, Moulid Paribasha and Thawassul Baith". https://www.scribd.com/document/356124347/Moulid-Mala-Baith. Template:Dead link
- About ponnani, Malabarile Makkah. Malabarile Makkah. T.V. Abdurahman Kutty..
- Mashhoor kunhikoya thangal, Margadarshi. "Margadarshi bublished by disciples". https://www.scribd.com/document/355976221/Margadarshi.
- Death News. "Divine Grace Departed". http://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/malayalam/bignewslive-epaper-bignewsl/pramukha%2Bsuphivaryan%2Bvadakara%2Bsayyidh%2Bmuhammadh%2Bmashhur%2Bkunyikkoya%2Bthangal%2Bantharichu-newsid-68780903&grqid=IRVg-BKS&hl=en-IN.
- News. "Vadakara Sheikh Mashhoor Thangal Departed". http://www.bignewslive.com/vadakara-sayyid-muhammad-mashhoor-kunjikoya-passed-away/#.WYxbpPmGN6p.