Abeiku Nyame (Jagger Pee)
Original short description: "Ghanaian Actor"
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 1 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Abeiku_Nyame_(Jagger_Pee). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Abeiku_Nyame_(Jagger_Pee), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Abeiku_Nyame_(Jagger_Pee).
He attended Apam Secondary School but did not land any acting roles whilst he was a student there.
After high school education, he joined the Kwesum Agroma for a year and moved on to the Get Involved Theatre Group. Jagger Pee was a character he played on a TV series in 1985,after which the name stuck. It was written by Sackey Sowah and was about secondary school students.
Conviction and prison sentence
He was convicted of being an accomplice in the murder of a taxi driver by entertainer Nana Agyeman, an incident which occurred on 9th January 1995. The taxi driver was shot over a misunderstanding about the fare he had charged. He was given a life sentence which was later reduced to two years after an appeal. He has written two books with the tittles Prison Prayers and Behind bars,which contain accounts of his experience in jail.
List of movies.
- Too Late
- Too Late
- Thursday Theatre
- Chorkor Trotro
- "Veteran Actor Abeiku Nyame Reveals How He Came About The Name Jagger Pee" (in en-GB). 2019-09-26. https://www.nydjlive.com/veteran-actor-abeiku-nyame-reveals-how-he-came-about-the-name-jagger-pee/.
- "See Exclusive Photos Of Jagger Pee Enjoying Life After Successful Heart Surgery" (in en). https://www.modernghana.com/entertainment/45375/see-exclusive-photos-of-jagger-pee-enjoying-life.html.
- Debrah, Ameyaw. "“I was acquitted and discharged" - Jagger Pee debunks presidential pardon rumors" (in en-US). https://ameyawdebrah.com/i-was-acquitted-and-discharged-jagger-pee-debunks-presidential-pardon-rumors/.
- "Gemann's death penalty confirmed, Jagger Pee's life sentence reduced to two years" (in en). 1998-11-19. https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Gemann-s-death-penalty-confirmed-Jagger-Pee-s-life-sentence-reduced-to-two-years-4756.
- "From death to life: The Jagger Pee story" (in en-gb). https://www.graphic.com.gh/entertainment/showbiz-news/from-death-to-life-the-jagger-pee-story.html.
- "Fame ruined my life— Jagger Pee" (in en-gb). https://www.graphic.com.gh/entertainment/showbiz-news/fame-ruined-my-life-jagger-pee.html.