- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 5 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Able2extract. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Able2extract.
Able2Extract is a commercial PDF conversion and PDF creation tool. It allows users to convert and transfer PDF data into file formats which they can edit. Able2Extract also provides users with the ability to create secure PDF documents for professional uses and edit PDF pages as well.
Developed by Investintech.com, Inc., Able2Extract was first released in 2002. The application is used to convert data stored in a Portable Document Format (PDF) to editable Microsoft Office formats, such as Excel, Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint. Able2Extract can convert PDF to non-Microsoft formats as well, including AutoCAD (DWG, DXF), Open Office, image(jpeg, bmp, png, tiff, etc.), HTML, Text files, and more.
Able2Extract 9.0 was released on December 3, 2014. This version introduced the ability to create PDF documents from printable digital file formats.
Able2Extract 10.0 was released December 8, 2015 and was the first version with the ability to convert any file to Microsoft Excel and edit PDF text.
Able2Extract Professional 11.0 was launched December 5, 2016. Added to this version was the ability to annotate and redact PDF content, enhanced encryption and decryption, and the ability to add images and vector shapes.
The Standard version was retired with the release of version 11.0 and rebranded as Able2Extract Professional. The software application contains the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology needed for converting scanned and image-only PDFs into searchable PDFs.
As a PDF converter, Able2Extract allows users to work with PDF files developed by Adobe Systems, Inc., and, in particular, the electronic data contained within them.
Able2Extract is used to access the PDF data through file formats which users can edit. Accounting and banking professionals, for example, have used Able2Extract’s PDF to Excel conversion feature to re-access and then analyze financial statements. In 2013, Able2Extract received an honourable mention from AccountingToday.com for “spreadsheet capabilities and aiding auditor control.” Journalists have used the PDF to Excel conversion option as well, but for converting public records and database reports in the PDF format to Excel spreadsheets 
Cross Platform Compatibility
Able2Extract Professional is cross platform compatible with the Mac OS and Linux platforms, and can be installed on the following systems:
- Windows: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 8,7, Vista, XP SP3, 2008, 2003 SP2 (x32 or x64 editions)
- Mac OS X: Intel Mac running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), macOS 10.12 (Sierra) (x32 or 64 editions)
- Linux: Fedora 20, 21, 22, 23 or newer (x32 edition), Ubuntu 13.10, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10 or newer (x32 edition)
Able2Extract Professional is available for professional and personal use and can be downloaded for a 7-day free trial from the Investintech website. The company offers single, volume, and subscription licensing options for the desktop software.
- "Spreadsheet makeover". The Globe and Mail (Toronto). April 3, 2009. Archived from the original on 2010-04-25. https://web.archive.org/web/20100425020058/http://www.theglobeandmail.com/archives/spreadsheet-makeover/article765062/.
- The computer helper: Tips and tricks for PDFs - Monsters and Critics Template:Webarchive
- Anthony Frausto-Robledo,"Able2Extract PDF Convert 8 First Multi-Platform Tool Of Its Kind", Architosh.com, January 9, 2013 Template:Webarchive
- PRLog.org,"All New Able2Extract PDF Converter 9.0 Includes Advanced PDF Creation", December 3, 2014
- Bill Jelen, "9 Spreadsheets: Moving Data from PDF to Excel", CFO.com, November 17, 2010 Template:Webarchive
- "The 2013 Top New Products", Accountingtoday.com, February 1, 2013 Template:Webarchive
- Andy Bailey,"Able2Extract Converts Database Report Effectively", Reporters’ Lab Reviews, February 7, 2012 Template:Webarchive
- Matt Lombard,"PDF to DXF/DWG Converter", Dezignstuff.com, February 8, 2012 Template:Webarchive
- Deepak Gupta,"Convert Your PDF into SolidWorks with Able2Extract Professional", Boxer’s CAD CAM Blog, August 8, 2012 Template:Webarchive
- Convert PDF files to other editable formats with this tool | TechRepublic