- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 25 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:ActiveCollab. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/ActiveCollab, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/ActiveCollab.
activeCollab was launched in 2006 by Ilija Studen as an open source software. It subsequently, in 2007, became proprietary software developed by A51. 
Initially it was available as a self-hosted version only. In 2013 the cloud version was introduced.
Projects are divided into milestones, tasks and subtasks. Projects also include files, discussions and notebooks for collaborative writing. Time tracking, Invoicing and Notebooks modules are also available. In 2013, activeCollab launched an iOS app for cloud users under the name Manage Projects.
API is available for connecting activeCollab to other apps. activeCollab integrates with payment gateways including Paypal, Authorize.Net, Stripe and Braintree, which enables receiving payments within the system.
- Kane, Zee (2010-02-17). "Project Management App activeCollab Announces Basecamp Project Import Tool". The_Next_Web. http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/02/17/active-collab-announces-basecamp-project-import-tool/.
- Ozerman, Richard (2006-07-06). "Basecamp faces competition in free alternative". TechCrunch. http://techcrunch.com/2006/07/06/bascamp-faces-competition-in-free-alternative/.
- Bram, Thursday (2010-09-07). "Self-Hosting Your Project Management Tools". GigaOM. http://gigaom.com/2010/09/07/self-hosting-your-project-management-tools/.
- "Project management software review: activeCollab". http://projectmanager.com.au/education/tools/project-management-software-review-activecollab/.
- "15 Useful Project Management Tools". http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/13/15-useful-project-management-tools/.
- Connelly, Brendon. "Basecamp vs. activeCollab". AllBusiness.com. http://www.allbusiness.com/management/change-management/3875709-1.html.
- "Manage Projects on iTunes". https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/manage-projects/id785496884?mt=8.
- "API info". https://activecollab.com/help/books/api/index.html.