Adios Vaya Con Dios
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 23 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Adios_Vaya_Con_Dios. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Adios_Vaya_Con_Dios, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Adios_Vaya_Con_Dios.
Adios Vaya Con Dios is an upcoming Latino film directed by a Hispanic community of Chicago, “La Raza”, written by Zachary Laoutides. It stars Zachary Laoutides and Marius Illiescu depicting Mexican street gangmembers in an arthouse form depiction.
Inspired by real events, Adios Vaya Con Dios is the authentic story of two friends within the world of a Chicago Latino street gang. A day of reckoning approaches for Rory, an Irish/Mexican who is a rising street lieutenant for the Olmecs. His trusted second, Eloy, is released from prison and dives back into where he left off only to find that nothing has changed except Rory's outlook on life.
- Zachary Laoutides as Rory King
- Marius Illiescu as Tiger De'leon
- Albertho Garcia as Eloy Rosales
- Joseph Mennella as Gio Angeli
- Madrid St Angelo as Gustavo De'leon
- Jessica Beligni as Vanessa
- Ric Morgan as Liam King
- Nathan Ayala as Aurelio
- Michael Hammond as Maurice
- Felicia Danisor as Myra
Production completed in June 2013. Adios Vaya Con Dios was completed through the participation of the Latino communities of Chicago that united together in support of the project devoting their stories and experiences. The film is directed by 'La Raza' meaning 'the people, that opened their businesses, homes, barrios to create the film.
In comparison to churches creating films, Adios Vaya Con Dios was created through a neighborhood on Chicago's urban streets. Adios Vaya Con Dios could quite possibly be one of the first, if not the first, Latino neighborhood based film to be created by a united barrio, with real locations, real people, and real stories. Executive Producer Monica Leon commented on the La Raza movement in an interview:
"I wanted my community unified together and artistically capture what goes on. There is such a mix of beauty and tragedy where I'm from. I wanted to show it differently and not stereo-typically. I told everyone we could start an artistic revolution and empower our neighborhoods, our people- here, near, far and away. If we could do this other communities can come together, regardless of background and begin to value what it means to be a community, a 'la raza' through a beautiful medium that can stand the test of time, film." - Founder of Ave Fenix Pictures Monica León
Adios Vaya Con Dios is scheduled to premiere in 2014 through 2015 at festivals in the United States, Latin America and the UK.
- Levi, Harvey (2014-02-22). "Tiger De'leon 2014". avefenixpictures.com. http://www.avefenixpictures.com/#!marius-article/c1v33. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- Martinez, Susan (2014-04-03). "Adios Vaya Con Dios 2014". International Movie Database. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3411556/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- Miller, Christopher (2014-12-03). "Adios Vaya Con Dios 2014". avefenixpictures.com. http://www.avefenixpictures.com/#!adios-vaya-con-dios/c1z5h. Retrieved 2014-05-14.