- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 13 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Akan_(musician). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akan_(musician), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akan_(musician).
Bernard Nana Appiah known by the stage name Akan (born Template:Circa February 1990) is a Hip life, Hip Hop and highlife musician from Lapaz a suburb of Accra in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. He performs in Twi which is one of the Akan languages in Ghana.
Early life and education
Akan attended the St. Johns Grammar Senior High School for his secondary education.
Akan released his first mixtape the Akan EP in 2015 a self titled work that introduced him to the music industry in Ghana. This EP led him to perform at Beatphreaks PhreakOut Live Concert and Chale Wote Street Art Festival 2015 main stage.
He later in 2017 released his debut album titled Onipa Akoma under the A-Level Music an indie-label run and managed by himself. In 2018 he celebrated 1 year of the release of his album with a concert at the Alliance Francais D'Accra.
|2017||Me Sika Aduro||Yung Fly|||
|2018||Ma Jaacki Freestyle||Kato on the track|||
|Year||Title||Number Of Tracks||Ref|
|2018||Me Sika Duro||Yaw Skyface|||
|2019||Aprodoo||Kwame Boadi & Fodoa|||
- "The 10 Best Nigerian & Ghanaian Hip-Hop Songs of 2017 So Far". 21 June 2017. https://www.okayafrica.com/nigeria-ghana-hip-hop-songs-best-2017/.
- "Rapper Akan's 'Onipa Akoma' album released". 21 October 2017. http://livefmghana.com/2017/10/21/rapper-akans-onipa-akoma-album-released/.
- Leah, Rachel. "Forget bling: Ghana's rappers are putting the environment center stage" (in en). https://qz.com/africa/1139821/ghanas-hip-hop-stars-eli-akan-worlasi-azizaa-kwame-write-and-fokn-bois-rap-about-less-common-themes/.
- "10 best new Ghanaian artistes of 2017". 13 December 2017. https://www.pulse.com.gh/ece-frontpage/newcomers-10-best-new-ghanaian-artistes-of-2017/6wqh3by.
- "Album Review: 'Onipa Akoma', best album in 2017". https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/entertainment/Album-Review-Onipa-Akoma-best-album-in-2017-613360.
- Quist, Worla; Music, Ghana (12 November 2017). "Audio: Me Sika Duro by Akan". https://www.ghanamusic.com/audio/singles-audio/2017/11/12/audio-sika-duro-akan/.
- "MA JAACKI! New Akan Music OUT TOMORROW!". 14 September 2018. https://enewsgh.com/2018/09/ma-jaacki-new-akan-music-out-tomorrow/.
- "Onipa Akoma by Akan". https://genius.com/albums/Akan/Onipa-akoma.
- "New Music: Akan – 'FLOW No (Skepta – Konnichiwa Freestyle)'". 3 October 2016. http://livefmghana.com/2016/10/03/new-music-akan-flow-no-skepta-konnichiwa-freestyle/.
- "Akan readies "Helebaba" video ft. Worlasi". 13 February 2017. https://enewsgh.com/2017/02/akan-readies-helebaba-video-ft-worlasi/.
- "Rapper drops classic video for 'Me Sika Aduro'". 21 May 2018. https://www.pulse.com.gh/entertainment/music/akan-rapper-drops-classic-video-for-me-sika-aduro/b4ncbwl.
- "Akan's Music Video for "Aprodoo" is a Movie!" (in en-US). 2019-11-27. https://www.unorthodoxreviews.com/akan-aprodoo-video/.