- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 31 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Alakkuu. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alakkuu, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alakkuu.
Elias Yabarow, better known as Alakkuu, (born 29 May 1990) is an American Poet and Tech Entrepreneur born to Somali parents. Yabarow is the Cofounder of HUVVIT, a real-estate startup that connects home buyers to local real-estate agents in real-time . His debut poetry collection, Wet Grass Vanilla, was released in December, 2018.
Elias Yabarow, born and raised in Washington DC, is the son of Somali Journalist Abdirahman Yabarow. He received his Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering from George Mason University, and his Master's Degree from Georgetown University
In 2019, Yabarow delivered a TEDx Talk at TedxFoggyBottom. He completed a Mid-West US Poetry Tour  with poet Boonaa Mohammed. Alongside poetry, Yabarow currently serves as CEO of Huvvit. In a Forbes magazine interview, Yabarow mentioned that poetry "sharpened my ability to take technical issues and convey them in a way that is easily digestible to my broader team".
Yabarow is the author of Wet Grass Vanilla, a compilation of poetry. Yabarow has also published numerous articles pertaining to Somali Americans' experiences.
- Huvvit - Crunchbase. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/huvvit
- Speakers. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://tedxfoggybottom.com/2019/speakers
- Rhyme for the Horn. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://araha.org/rhyme-for-the-horn/
- Reid, M. (2019, February 22). How Poetry Influences This Cofounder's Real Estate Startup. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryannreid/2019/02/22/what-this-poet-did-after-he-launched-a-startup-changed-everything/#41e168f7f8c7