- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 18 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Almostfamous. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Almostfamous, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Almostfamous.
AlmostFamous is a discovery platform, launched in May 2010, for emerging artists that enables independent musicians and artists to interact with their fans and connect with industry professionals and venues. The founders of AlmostFamous are Tedd Bernard and Jon Barchan, two alumni from the University of Miami School of Business Administration. It allows users to search for artists’ information and helps artists share pictures, video, calendars, music and messages with their followers
After Ted Bernard developed the idea for AlmostFamous with his brother, the company was selected for an incubator program in downtown Miami started by Marc Billings, chief executive for Internet service provider Digiport.
AlmostFamous is online community that gives its users the ability to create a personalized profile that showcases their talent as a musician, an entertainer, a model, or an artist. AlmostFamous profiles can also be integrated with other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. After creating a profile, users can connect with each other to share advice and grow within their desired field. Users are also able to connect with employers and venues in order to get booked and, eventually, discovered. The primary goal of the AlmostFamous website is to get talented individuals discovered.
- PRWeb (2011-07-27). "AlmostFamous.com, a New Social Media Site, to Replace Myspace for Talent Search and Discovery Process". HighBeam.com. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-262549424.html. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- Gutner, Toddi (2009-12-22). "New Graduates Create Their Own Jobs". Online.wsj.com. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704304504574610331674286094.html. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- Alvarado, Francisco (2011-06-04). "Miami-Based Internet Start-Up Creates Social Platform For Artists". http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/. http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/06/miami-based_internet_start-up.php. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- Bernard, Ted (February 2011). "Almost Famous Intro Video". almostfamous.com. http://vimeo.com/19465265. Retrieved 2012-02-22.