Amora (recording artist)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 25 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Amora_(recording_artist). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Amora_(recording_artist), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Amora_(recording_artist).
oooh, orphan Template:Peacock
Andrea Lee Charlier (Middletown, Connecticut, January 20, 1974), known by the stage name Amora is an American singer.
Born in Middletown, she moved to New York City in 1997 to pursue a career in entertainment. She is the Chief Executive Officer of Heiros Gamos Entertainment, LLC and creator of "Rise of the Independents", founded in Connecticut in 2007. She is a voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and a lineal descendant of the Office of Strategic Services Society. Formerly a resident of Westport, Connecticut, she is currently working on her third album, The Godmother.
Life and career
AMORA released her self-titled demo, AMORA, in 2000 garnering her much industry attention for her rap-singing fusion style intertwining many musical genres together for a commercial sound. Learning the mechanism of music and the industry she decided to release Platinum Heart in 2006, So Unexpected-The Single  in 2008, and The Spiritual Girl in 2008  independently via her record label AMORA Inc. under Heiros Gamos Entertainment, LLC in order to maintain her artistic freedom as a Recording artist. She was invited into SESAC as an affiliate songwriter and publisher in 1998 and trademarked her own stage name to protect her rights as an entertainer. At that time she also joined The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences as an associate member, and in 2008 became a Voting Member.
AMORA was featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 1998 with Suze Orman's "Financial Freedom Team", appeared on Showtime at the Apollo in 2000, and on WTIC-TV Fox 61 News in 2009 for a feature on "Rise of the Independents – CT River Music Fest", and has appeared on many regional cable shows throughout the Northeast region. AMORA is known to be a "champion of the people", by establishing positive social and racial relations for peaceful co-existence  and donating many of her performances to help charitable causes. Having an inclination toward hip hop, "Pushing the limits of hip-hop and being a bit eclectic", she worked in A&R for Def Jam Recordings in 1998 and as a talent scout and promoter for Universal Music Group starting in 2008. AMORA has promoted events for Eminem, Tony Touch, DJ Premier, Slaughterhouse, Just Blaze, B-Real of Cypress Hill, Funkmaster Flex, Ice-T, DJ Kool Herc, M.O.P., Shade 45 and Shady Records.
She has collaborated with many other corporate and independent entertainment organizations, serving as Music Director for The Film Industry Mixer in 2010. She was the host of COMCAST's "Cromwell's New Direction" in 2009, featuring notable politicians and community leaders in Connecticut. Articles have been written about her in the SESAC publication New and Now section, The Fairfield Weekly, The Hartford Advocate, The New Haven Advocate, and The Middletown Press; as well as many independent media sources of interest such as AllMusic and The Middletown Eye. She is listed on various websites across the internet as a person of interest. Her next album The Godmother had been rumored to be released in 2014 on a major label imprint, but no official announcement has yet been made.
She received an excellence in membership certification from The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences in 2008. In 1999 she was awarded Lifetime Membership in The Office of Strategic Services Society as a Lineal Descendant of Max Corvo for her work in awareness of the contributions of veterans of war and the organization's relocation to Washington D.C. from New York City.
- The Spiritual Girl (2008)
- Platinum Heart (2006)
- So Unexpected (2008)
- Introducing AMORA – The Godmother (2010)
- AMORA (2000)
- "AMORA The Godmother Heiros Gamos Entertainment". Amorathegodmother.com. http://www.amorathegodmother.com. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- author: Latonya Walker. "Amora | Platinum Heart". CD Baby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/amora. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora | So Unexpected -The Single". CD Baby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/amora2. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora | The Spiritual Girl". CD Baby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/amora3. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora". CD Baby. http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/AMORA. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- By JEFF MILL, Press Staff. "Vote tonight in Cromwell on 4 bond questions – The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT". The Middletown Press. http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2010/04/08/news/doc4bbd44771d259193630765.txt. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- By SLOAN BREWSTER, Press staff. "Cromwell-based rapper working on new album – The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT". The Middletown Press. http://middletownpress.com/articles/2009/07/31/news/doc4a726f1f3bb3d122670342.txt. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "middletowneye: Public Split on The Public". Middletowneyenews.blogspot.com. 2010-01-28. http://middletowneyenews.blogspot.com/2010/01/public-split-on-public.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Town Of Cromwell Board Of Selectmen Regular Meeting Wednesday, December 9, 2009" (PDF). http://www.cromwellct.com/agenda/agendas_2009/minutes/bos_&_pc/bos120909minutes.pdf. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Customers Cook Up Fundraiser For Diner – Hartford Courant". Articles.courant.com. 2006-09-03. http://articles.courant.com/2006-09-03/news/0609030133_1_brian-o-rourke-main-street-bake. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "FIM". Filmindustrymixer.com. http://www.filmindustrymixer.com/contacts.htm. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- By SLOAN BREWSTER, Press staff. "Cromwell-based rapper working on new album – The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT". The Middletown Press. http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/07/30/news/doc4a726f1f3bb3d122670342.txt. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora". AllMusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/amora-p894471. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "middletowneye". Middletowneyenews.blogspot.com. http://middletowneyenews.blogspot.com/. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "middletowneye: Breakin Out on a Saturday Night". Middletowneyenews.blogspot.com. 2011-02-20. http://middletowneyenews.blogspot.com/2011/02/breakin-out-on-saturday-night.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Copyright Alliance". Copyrightalliance.org. http://www.copyrightalliance.org/letter/index.php?min=11300&max=11400. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora Corvo – CEO/Artist, Heiros Gamos Ent., Amora Inc., Rise of the Independents, CT River Music Fest, AngelicA.L. Worx, Inc". Yatedo.com. http://www.yatedo.com/p/Amora+Corvo/normal/8d1742c6ed56401aad64b54f6979dd7c. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Amora". Wacbiz.com. http://www.wacbiz.com/Amora/artist/462. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "AMORA The Godmother Heiros Gamos Entertainment". Heirosgamosentertainment.com. http://www.heirosgamosentertainment.com. Retrieved 2011-09-17.