- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 13 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Amtech_Systems. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Amtech_Systems, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Amtech_Systems.
Amtech Systems (NASDAQ:ASYS) was set up in 1981 and now is based in Tempe, Arizona. Amtech Systems was firstly named Quartz Engineering & Materials, Inc. until 1987. The company mainly focuses on the solar/photovoltaic, semiconductor, silicon wafer, and micro electromechanical systems (MEMS) industries. Currently (2013.12), the company owns 4 wholly owned subsidiaries.
Amtech Systems was found in 1981.10, and it was Listed on NASDAQ: NASDAQ:ASYS in 1983.8
In 1984.7, Amtech Systems acquired ATMOSCAN® patent for its semiconductor fabricators.
In 1997.7, Amtech Systems acquired PR Hoffman for its double-sided lapping and polishing machines and single-side polishing of semiconductor silicon wafers.
In 2004.6, Amtech Systems acquired BTI for its horizontal diffusion furnaces.
In 2007.10, Amtech Systems acquired R2D Ingenrie for its wafer automation solutions for the solar and semiconductor industry.
In 2011.2, Amtech Systems acquired a 55% interest in Kingstone for its solar ion implantation systems. 
Solar and Semiconductor Equipment Products of this part include horizontal diffusion furnaces, automation products, phosphorus silicate glass (PSG) dry etch, PECVD and automation products-semiconductor. Its horizontal furnaces address several steps in the solar and semiconductor manufacturing processes, including diffusion, phosphorus tetrachloride doping (POCl3), boron tribromide (BBR3), low-pressure chemical vapor deposition (LPCVD), oxidation and annealing. The solar automation products include mass wafer and long-boat transfer systems, sorters, load station elevators, buffers, and conveyors; The plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) applies an anti-reflective coating to solar wafers, solar ion implant, and semiconductor automation products.
Polishing Supplies The company’s polishing supplies provide solutions to the lapping and polishing marketplace. It offers polishing supplies products, including silicon wafer carriers, semiconductor polishing templates, and double-sided planetary lapping and polishing machines to the fabricators of LED's, optics, quartz, ceramics, and metal parts, as well as for the manufacturers of medical equipment components and computer hard disks under the PR Hoffman brand.
Fokko Pentinga currently serves as the CEO and the President of the company. Here is a list of Amtech Systems's senior officers and directors 2012.12):
- Jong S. Whang Executive Chairman of the Board, Co-Founder, Member of Technology Strategy Committee
- Fokko Pentinga President, Chief Executive Officer, Director, Chief Technology Officer, Member of Technology Strategy Committee
- Bradley C. Anderson Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President - Finance, Treasurer, Secretary, Chief Accounting Officer
- Michael Garnreiter Independent Director
- Alfred W. Giese Independent Director
- Egbert Jan Geert Goudena Independent Director
- Robert F. King Independent Director 
In 2010, Amtech promoted Fokko Pentinga to President of Amtech Systems, Inc. In 2011，Fokko Pentinga was promoted to Chief Executive Officer.
- 2013.7, Amtech Systems's subsidiary, Tempress Systems BV woon "The WNF Cleantech Star 2012" award by the World Wide Fund for Nature The Netherlands (WNF) during the third WNF Clean Tech Symposium in Rotterdam.
- Amtech Systems won “Special Contribution Award”by Yingli Green Energy for Yingli’s solar photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing operations in Baoding, Hebei province, China.
- "Business Summary". http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ASYS+Profile.
- "Amtech Systems History". http://www.amtechsystems.com/profile.htm.
- "Company Full Description". http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyProfile?rpc=66&symbol=ASYS.O.
- "Officers and directors". http://www.google.com/finance?cid=20736.
- "Amtech Promotes Fokko Pentinga to CEO". http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111005006687/en/Amtech-Promotes-Fokko-Pentinga-CEO-Effective-January.
- "Amtech Systems' Tempress Subsidiary Announces Cleantech Award". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amtech-systems-tempress-subsidiary-announces-cleantech-award-186002902.html.
- "Yingli Green Energy Grants Amtech Systems Award for Outstanding Technology and Service". http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101208005489/en/Yingli-Green-Energy-Grants-Amtech-Systems-Award.