Amy Jo Burns
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 28 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Amy_Jo_Burns. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Amy_Jo_Burns.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:Contradict BLP sources
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2015)
Amy Jo (A.J.) Burns is an American writer who published her first coming of age memoir called "Cinderland" (Beacon Press) in October 2014. She also has published articles on literary magazine websites such as Ploughshares, Biographile, Salon, Jezebel, The Rumpus and The Butter. Amy is currently working on a second book which is a fiction called "Shiner." 
Burns was raised in Western Pennsylvania which had suffered from a steel collapse. Burns attended high school where she was a cheerleader and a member of the drama club. She also played the piano and performed in many recitals. At the age of 10, Burns was sexually assaulted by her piano teacher which her memoir, "Cinderland" is based on. Burns graduated from Cornell University and became a writer.
Burns teaches at the Art Council of Princeton for visual, performance and literary arts. She currently writes for Ploughshares and is known for her featured series called "Episodia" and articles such as "The Must-Reads of Late Summer."  Burns also has featured articles called "The sex crimes I kept secret," (Salon)  "The Sunday Rumpus Essay: Friday Night Lies," (The Rumpus)  “Prisoner’s Dilemma”: An Excerpt from Cinderland," (The Butter)  "Write Start: Amy Jo Burns on How to Capture Your Toughest Memories," (Biographile)  and "The Small-Town Secret I Kept for 12 Years," (Jezebel). All of these articles talk about the techniques and experiences of her writing "Cinderland."
Burns lives in Franklin Park, New Jersey.
- "Cinderland" (2014) 
- "Shiner" (In progress)
- "Cinderland". http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20588664-cinderland. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Amy Jo Burns". http://amyjoburns.com.. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "The sex crimes I kept secret - Salon.com". http://www.salon.com/2014/10/20/the_molestation_i_kept_secret_partner/. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "The Sunday Rumpus Essay: Friday Night Lies". 5 October 2014. http://therumpus.net/2014/10/the-sunday-rumpus-essay-friday-night-lies/. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- Burns, Amy Jo (9 December 2014). ""Prisoner's Dilemma": An Excerpt from Cinderland". http://the-toast.net/2014/12/09/excerpt-cinderland/. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Write Start: Amy Jo Burns on How to Capture Your Toughest Memories - Signature Reads". 8 January 2015. http://www.biographile.com/write-start-amy-jo-burns-on-how-to-capture-your-toughest-memories/. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- Burns, Amy. "The Small-Town Secret I Kept for 12 Years". http://jezebel.com/the-small-town-secret-i-kept-for-12-years-1720707180. Retrieved 28 July 2017.