Andrea Lambert (writer)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 16 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andrea_Lambert_(writer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrea_Lambert_(writer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrea_Lambert_(writer).
Lambert performed at Los Angeles Pride, REDCAT, Los Angeles LGBT Center, Human Resources Los Angeles, Los Angeles road concerts, Feminaissance Conference: Exquisite Acts & Everyday Rebellions, Rhapsodomancy: A Reading Series in Los Angeles, homo-centric: the LGBTQ reading series, featherless: a reading series and elsewhere. She curated featherless: a reading series with her domestic partner Katie Jacobson from 2010-2012.
Jacobson proposed to Lambert in the three month period after California Proposition 8 (2008) was overturned before a stay was put on gay marriages until 2013. Jacobson committed suicide in 2012. The Katie Jacobson Writer in Residence Program at California Institute of the Arts was begun in her name. Andrea Lambert's thwarted marriage to Katie Jacobson being a casualty of the same-sex marriage struggle is the subject of Lambert's Los Angeles Pride performance.
Jet Set Desolate (Future Fiction London, 2009) is a novel influenced by Linda Yablonsky, Nan Goldin, and Jean Genet. Future Fiction London was an imprint of now defunct Creation Books edited by Hillary Raphael. The mentorship of Matias Viegener and Stephen Barber were vital to this work.
Lambert’s work is anthologized in: Golden State 2017: The Best New Writing from California, Haunting Muses, Writing the Walls Down: A Convergence of LGBTQ Voices, Off the Rocks, Volume #16: An Anthology of GLBT Writing, The L.A. Telephone Book Vol. 1, 2011-2012 and elsewhere.
Lambert's poetry appears in: apt, Angel’s Flight Literary West, The OPEN Daily: Los Angeles, Five:2:One Magazine, ENCLAVE, Queer Mental Health, valeveil and elsewhere. Her prose appears in Entropy, Grimoire, Skirt the Issue, Luna Luna Magazine, Mother Should?, Two Hawks Quarterly, New Mexico Review, The Account: A Journal of Prose, Poetry and Thought, Fanzine, Queer Mental Health, HTMLGIANT, 3:AM Magazine, PLAZM and elsewhere.
Lambert works in figurative mixed media oils critically referenced in Anodyne Magazine as "kitchy maximalism." She exhibited in San Diego, Portland, San Francisco, Oakland, California Institute of the Arts and most recently Human Resources Los Angeles.
- Garcia, P.E.. "plzplztalk2me: Andrea Lambert". http://htmlgiant.com/interviews-2/plzplztalk2me-andrea-lambert/#more-124827. Retrieved 2017-03-09.
- Knutson, Michael. "Student Work in Courses: Still Life: Andrea Lambert". Reed College. http://www.reed.edu/art/knutson/student-work/drawing/still-life/gallery-01.html. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Alumni: MFA Creative Writing Program". California Institute of he Arts. https://writing.calarts.edu/alumni. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "The CalArts Viewbook 2013-2015". California Institute of the Arts. https://issuu.com/calarts/docs/calarts_viewbook_2013_2015/33?e=1479536/1722335. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Wooten, Kelly. "Women's Zines in the Sarah Dyer Zine Collection". University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. https://ils.unc.edu/MSpapers/2786.pdf. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. ""Bent Scaffolding and Robotussin" excerpt from Scaffolding". CCM-Entropy. http://entropymag.org/bent-scaffolding-and-robotussin/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "You've Probably Read This Before". LA Stage Alliance. https://thisstage.la/2009/12/youve-probably-read-this-before/. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- Reigns, Steven. "The Adonis Project". http://stevenreigns.com/events/2014/09/adonis-project. Retrieved 2016-12-10.
- Zirana/Glendale (2008). "San Fernando Road Concert".
- "Southland Book Signings". Los Angeles Times. March 2008.
- Lee, Janice (2007-04-07). "Exquisite Acts and Everyday Rebellions: Feminist Writer's Reading". WACK! Art and the Feminist Revolution. MOCA.
- "Calendar of Events". California Institute of the Arts. http://exquisiteacts.org/calendar.html. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Rhapsodomancy Announces the Writers Reading on Sunday, February 12, 2012". http://www.rhapsodomancy.org/rhapsodomancy/2012/01/jeff-hoffmans-first-book-of-poemsjournal-of-american-foreign-policy-won-the-new-issues-poetry-prize-and-was-recently-featur.html. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Search results for andrea lambert". homo-centric: the LGBTQ reading series. http://www.homo-centric.com/search?q=andrea+lambert. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Featherless #5". featherless: a reading series. http://www.featherless.org/2010/10/featherless-5_06.html. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Pictures from Featherless #5". featherless: a readings series. http://www.featherless.org/2010/10/pictures-from-featherless-5.html. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Katherine Jacobson and Andrea Lambert". Los Angeles Times. May 14, 2011. http://www.latimes.com/la-ss-together-couple-jacobson-04242011-story.html#axzz2tl7CHrpN. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "featherless". http://www.featherless.org. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Adkisson, John W. (2016). "Proposition 8 overturned". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/la-mew-prop-8-pictures-photogallery.html. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Adkisson, John W. (August 4, 2010). "West Hollywood, CA". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/la-0805-pin02-photo.html#axzz2tl7CHrpN. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Katie Jacobson Obituary". New York Times. 2012.
- "Katie Jacobson Writer in Residence Program". California Institute of the Arts. https://writing.calarts.edu/katie-jacobson-writer-residence-program. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Davis, Jacquelyn. "Jet Set Desolate by Andrea Lambert". Jessa Crispin. http://www.bookslut.com/fiction/2009_08_014934.php. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Place, Vanessa. "Lorazepam and the Valley of Skin: Extrapolations on Los Angeles Andrea Lambert and 750910-2155 (forward by J.S. Davis)". Constant Critic. http://www.constantcritic.com/vanessa_place/lorazepam-and-the-valley-of-skin-extrapolations-on-los-angeles/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Baine, Wallace. "The new anthology ‘Golden State’ seeks out the metaphysics of place in the country’s most fascinating state". http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arts-and-entertainment/20170517/the-new-anthology-golden-state-seeks-out-the-metaphysics-of-place-in-the-countrys-most-fascinating-state. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- Fox, Rose. "Fall 2016 Adult Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror". http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/new-titles/adult-announcements/article/70670-fall-2016-adult-announcements-sf-fantasy-horror.html. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Fiction Affliction: Genre-Benders for October". http://www.tor.com/2016/09/29/fiction-affliction-genre-benders-for-october-2016/comment-page-1/. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Klonaris, Helen (2015-10-01). Writing the Walls Down: A Convergence of LGBTQ Voices. Durham, NC: Trans-Genre Press. pp. 23–28. ISBN 978-0-9851105-9-8. http://trans-genre.net/product/writing-the-walls-down/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Anderson, Ryan-Ashley. "LGBTQ writers explore the perils of identity in new, locally published anthology Writing the Walls Down". http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/lgbtq-writers-explore-the-perils-of-identity-in-new-locally-published-anthology-writing-the-walls-down/Content?oid=4933630. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Off the Rocks, Volume 16". NewTown Writers Press. https://books.google.com/books?id=cSjsAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA113&dq=andrea+lambert&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZ3ff5q-XOAhVY0mMKHaJpBpYQ6AEILjAD#v=onepage&q=andrea%20lambert&f=false. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "The L.A Telephone Book Vol.1, 2011-2012". Brian Kim Stefans. http://www.arras.net/?page_id=658. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Two poems by Andrea Lambert". Aforementioned Productions. http://apt.aforementionedproductions.com/2016/12/two-poems-by-andrea-lambert/#.WGh3prGZPVp. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Just Couldn't Build Your White Picket Fences by Andrea Lambert". http://aflwmag.com/2016/07/29/just-couldnt-build-your-white-picket-fences-by-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Sayonara, Los Angeles". Angel's Flight Literary West. http://aflwmag.com/2016/12/07/wall-of-resistance-sayonara-la-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Sayonara, Los Angeles by Andrea Lambert". http://www.theopendaily.com/local-blogs/sayonara-los-angeles-by-andrea-lambert. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Four Micropoems by Andrea Lambert". http://five2onemagazine.com/five-micro-poems-by-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- CCM-Entropy. "#finalpoem from Andrea Lambert". CCM-Entropy. http://enclave.entropymag.org/finalpoem-from-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "The Window at Night". http://queermentalhealth.org/art/the-window-at-night/. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Bonnie Brae, You Slut!". Jacquelyn Davis. http://www.valeveil.se/posts/ready-able-bonnie-brae-you-slut. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Andrea Lambert Summons Jean Genet via Kathy Acker". We are Grimoire. http://www.wearegrimoire.com/seances/3-andrea-lambert-summons-jean-genet-via-kathy-acker. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Ode to Leggings as a Feminist Act". Tabitha Jensen-Blankenbiller. https://twitter.com/skirt_theissue. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- Lambert, Andrea. "The One Time I Did Black Magic". Lisa Marie Basile. http://www.lunalunamagazine.com/dark/black-magic-confession. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- Lambert, Andrea. "A Spell for Household Blessings: From Black Moon to Snow Moon". Lisa Marie Basile. http://www.lunalunamagazine.com/dark/spell-household-blessing. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Queer, Disabled, and Childfree". Catherine Savini. http://www.mothershould.com/2017/01/23/queer-disabled-and-childfree/. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Board-box by Andrea Lambert". Antioch University. http://twohawksquarterly.com/2016/12/06/board-box-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "The House is a Woman: A Review of Maison Femme, a fiction by Teresa Carmody with illustrations by Vanessa Place". http://thefanzine.com/review-of-maison-femme-a-fiction-by-teresa-carmody-with-illustrations-by-vanessa-place/. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Author Archive". http://queermentalhealth.org/author/ava-gaul/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Q.E.D. - Part 3: An evening of Authentic Objects". http://htmlgiant.com/reviews/q-e-d-part-3-an-evening-of-authentic-objects/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Plazm Magazine Contributors, 1991-2007". PLAZM Magazine. https://magazine.plazm.com/plazm-magazine-contributors-1991-2007-94a692d3c772#.qwnuhtx68. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- "Chapbook Series". https://lostangelene.com/chapbook-series/. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "STATEMENTS FROM ZINESTERS ON WHY THEY MAKE A ZINE". Global Mail's "How to make a zine". http://www.zinebook.com/resource/zinetips.html#miscstatemets. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- Chu, Julie (Fall 1997). "Navigating the Media Environment: How Youth Claim a Place through Zines". Social Justice 24 (3). https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-20446066/navigating-the-media-environment-how-youth-claim. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Satter, Tina (1999). "Dramatic Figuration at Seventeen Nautical Miles". Anodyne.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Andrea Lambert's Mixed Media Collage". Nathan Alan Schwartz. http://five2onemagazine.com/andrea-lamberts-mixed-media-collage-art-thesideshow/. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Garcia, P.E.. "plzplztalk2me: Andrea Lambert". http://htmlgiant.com/interviews-2/plzplztalk2me-andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Andrea lambert: Kitchy Maxmalism". http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/wp/andrea-lambert-kitschy-maximalism/. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Three Nineties Paintings". Hinchas de Poesia. http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/wp/andrea-lambert/. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Paintings from the Psych Ward". Queer Mental Health. http://queermentalhealth.org/art/painting-from-the-psych-ward/. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- Lambert, Andrea. "Art with Mental Health Detritus". Queer Mental Health. http://queermentalhealth.org/art/art-with-mental-health-detritus/. Retrieved 2016-12-02.