- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 6 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andy_Truong. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andy_Truong, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andy_Truong.
Andy Truong is an Australian fashion designer of Vietnamese heritage. In 2012, he was known as Australia's youngest fashion designer, at the age of 15, after his launch into the fashion industry at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week.
Andy Truong (born Andy Truong-Du) was born on the 27th of November 1996 and grew up in a migrant, working-class family in Sydney before moving with his mother to live in Richmond, Melbourne. Before his start in the fashion industry, Truong worked at a bakery and at a cinema whilst attending his secondary education at Kew High School.
Break into the industry
In early 2012, Truong was chosen as a successful applicant to showcase his collection of designs at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week after applying online, unaware that the show would be self-funded by the applicant.
After the realisation that the show would be self-funded, Truong endeavoured to raise funds from his jobs and from free resources (models, photographers, make-up and hair stylists, PR agents and volunteers) in order to create his solo fashion show.
Truong's story of a teenage fashion designer caught the attention of numerous publications, news channels and social media blogs online in Australia and internationally.
On a September night in 2012, Truong showcased a collection of 25 pieces from his Spring/Summer 2013 collection to a venue of 300 guests, photographers, bloggers, editors and news crews.
After Truong's break
After the success of his fashion show, Truong was offered, on a scholarship grant, to study fashion during high school at Kangan Institute.
During the month of September, Truong once again showcased his collection at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week with Fred Hates Fashion - a fashion meets film runway show.
In March 2014, Truong was chosen, along with 10 other students, to showcase his designs at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival's Future Runway show, presented by Spotlight. During the show, it was revealed that Truong was selected as one of the top three designers of the show winning him a cash prize to spend at Spotlight.
- "EXCLUSIVE 7News interview - Andy Truong - Australia's Youngest Fashion Designer, "YouTube", Melbourne 7 December 2012. Retrieved on 6 April 2014.
- "All About Andy". Andytruongworld.com. http://www.andytruongworld.com/about. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- Breen Burns, Janice. "Teenage fashion designer reaps what he sews", "The Sydney Morning Herald", Melbourne 25 August 2012. Retrieved on 6 April 2014.
- "Channel 7News - Andy Truong @ MSFW, "YouTube", Melbourne 7 December 2012. Retrieved on 6 April 2014.
- "Fred Hates Fashion". Fred Hates Fashion. http://fredhatesfashion.com.au/. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- "Andy Truong - Future Runway @ Virgin Australia's Melbourne...". Facebook. 2014-03-23. https://www.facebook.com/andytruongworld/photos/a.10152885604570288.1073741833.246213430287/10152885604970288/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 2014-04-06.