- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anew_Revolution. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anew_Revolution, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anew_Revolution.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2016)
Anew Revolution (often shortened to ANR) is an American rock band.
Anew Revolution was formed by ex-Unloco frontman Joey Duenas and includes Frank "Frankie" Salvaggio and Rob Urbani, former members of Slaves on Dope. The band released a five-track self-released EP in 2005 featuring the tracks "Cave In," "Rise," "Let Go," "Saddest Song," and "Pieces." In 2007 the band recorded several tracks performed at a live show held at The Machine Shop in Flint, Michigan and released a four-track CD which included new tracks "Bite My Tongue," "Savior," and "Blister & Burn." Anew Revolution officially signed a worldwide record deal with Koch Records in late August 2007.
On April 15, 2008 ANR released their first full length album, Rise, produced by Mudrock (Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold) Tighter, heavier and more dynamic then the previous recordings, Rise features crowd favorites such as "Done", "Rise", "Generation".
Anew Revolution released their second studio record entitled iMerica May 18, 2010 via E1 Music. Produced by Ben Schigel, a musician, record producer and vocalist from the band Switched who has produced for such bands as Drowning Pool, Walls of Jericho, Chimaira & many more. This album was a graduation, of sorts, for Anew Revolution, Salvaggio saying, “We always project ourselves as an intense, driving band live. When we first started, we were finding our identity, from the EP to the first album, which was us finding our pocket. The birth of this album is where we are going to go and we know we can keep going.” iMerica featured a darker side to ANR with the crowd anthem "Head Against The Wall", and intense, darker sounding tracks like "Crucify" & "Social Suicide"
New Music (2012 - Present)
In May 2012 Anew Revolution started a Kickstarter campaign to finance a new studio album, videos, artworks and other costs without having to rely on record labels. Surpassing their initial goal of $3,000 they raised a total amount of $5,352.
In July 2012 rewards were sent to Kickstarter backers including the new acoustic E.P. "Unplugged", several unreleased tracks and autographed merchandise.
The unreleased songs included "Blister & Burn", "Creep", "Bite My Tongue" as well as "Dead and Crazy".
On November 10, 2013 ANR announced to release their new album in 2014.
On August 4, 2014 the band reported to have finished work on new songs. 4 songs were distributed digitally by e-mail to Kickstarter backers only.
- "Crazy" - 3:11
- "Slow" - 3:51
- "My Reality" - 3:17
- "Haunt" - 3:48
To date there hasn't been word about a public release or hard copies. A full new album has not been finished yet.
- "Holiday Hangover" with Soulicit and Anchored (Winter 2012)
- "Under The Skin of Angels Tour" with Filter & Saliva (Summer 2011)
- Drowning Pool, Pop Evil, Trust Company (Spring 2011)
- "Hard Drive Live Tour" with Sevendust, 10 Years, & Since October (Fall 2010)
- Volbeat (Summer 2010)
- HELLYEAH (Winter 2010)
- Past tours: Nonpoint, 12 Stones, Ill Nino, Otep, Kittie, Hed PE, Dope, Taproot.
- Joey Duenas – Vocals/guitar (2005–present)
- Frank "Frankie" Salvaggio - Bass/backing vocals (2005–present)
- Rob Urbani - Drums (2005–present)
- Shaun Stockton - Guitar (2005–2010)
- Jay Frederick - Guitar (2010-2011)
- Joe Fox - (2012)
- Revolution EP (2005)
- Live at the Machine Shop! EP (2007)
- Rise (2008)
- iMerica (2010)
- Unplugged (2012)
- New Songs (Kickstarter backers only) (2014)
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anewrevolution/anew-revolution-your-mission-your-project-your-cha. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter updates. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anewrevolution/anew-revolution-your-mission-your-project-your-cha/posts/275405. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter comments. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anewrevolution/anew-revolution-your-mission-your-project-your-cha/comments. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "ANEW REVOLUTION Kickstarter project". Kickstarter comments. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anewrevolution/anew-revolution-your-mission-your-project-your-cha/comments. Retrieved August 4, 2014.