- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 23 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Angela_Orebaugh. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Angela_Orebaugh, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Angela_Orebaugh.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (January 2020)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2020)
Angela Orebaugh is a cyber technology and security author and researcher.[no citations needed here] In 2011, she was selected as Booz Allen Hamilton's first Cybersecurity Fellow. She is an assistant professor at the University of Virginia School of Continuing and Professional Studies, and serves there as the program director for certificates in cybersecurity.
Orebaugh received undergraduate and masters degrees from James Madison University, completing the masters in 1999. She completed a PhD at George Mason University in 2014 under the direction of Jeremy Allnutt and Jason Kinser. Her thesis title was Analyzing Instant Messaging Writeprints as a Behavioral Biometric Element of Cybercrime Investigations.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Nmap in the Enterprise, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-241-6, 2008.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. How to Cheat at Configuring Open Source Security Tools , Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-170-9, 2007.
- Orebaugh, A. et al. Wireshark & Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer Toolkit, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-59749-073-3, 2006.
- Orebaugh, A., Biles, S., Babbin, J., Snort Cookbook, OReilly Publishing, ISBN 0-596-00791-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Rash, M., Babbin, J. and Pinkard, B., Intrusion Prevention and Active Response: Deploying Network and Host IPS, Syngress Publishing, ISBN 978-1-932266-47-4, 2005.
- Orebaugh, A., Ethereal Packet Sniffing, Syngress Publishing, Boston, MA., ISBN 1-932266-82-8, 2004.
- "Ethical challenges of the Internet of Things". SC Magazine. January 29, 2014. https://www.scmagazine.com/home/opinions/ethical-challenges-of-the-internet-of-things/. Retrieved January 24, 2020. , (with Ed Covert)
- "Angela Orebaugh Named as Fellow in Booz Allen’s Functional Skills Belting Program". Booz Allen Hamilton. 2012-01-19. https://www.boozallen.com/media-center/press-releases/2012/01/angela-orebaugh-fellow. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- "Meet the Faculty". University of Virginia. https://www.scps.virginia.edu/about/faculty/.
- Template:Cite thesis
- Stafford, Jan (May 24, 2005). "Stopping intruders with Snort & friends: Author Angela Orebaugh shares some tasty tips for using Snort and other free intrusion-detection systems". Search Data Center. https://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/1091546/Stopping-intruders-with-Snort-friends.
- Reviews of Intrusion Prevention and Active Response:
- Template:Cite magazine
- Nazario, Jose (September 9, 2005). "Intrusion Prevention and Active Response". Slashdot. https://news.slashdot.org/story/05/09/09/1743214/intrusion-prevention-and-active-response.
- Tomek, Andreas (December 2005). "none". ACM Queue. Template:Citation error.
- Estevez-Tapiador, Juan M. (June 2006). "none". IEEE Distributed Systems Online. Template:Citation error.
- Rogers, Graham K.. "Book Reviews: Computer Security". http://www.extensions.in.th/post/review2/security.html.