- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 19 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anton_Safronov. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anton_Safronov, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anton_Safronov.
Template:Infobox officeholder Anton Safronov (born on 4 September 1982) is an ethnic Yakut business executive and former cabinet minister in Sakha Republic (Yakutia). He is Chief Operating Officer of Myanmar-based Parami Energy Group and President of the Papua New Guinea Wrestling Federation, a member of UWW. Safronov is Siberia and Russia's Far East champion in freestyle wrestling.
Since December 2018, he is Group COO of Parami Energy Group of Companies headquartered in Yangon, Myanmar. From January 2017 to October 2018, Safronov served as Minister of Trade, Investment and Enterprise in Sakha Republic, Russia's largest territory home to Arctic's indigenous Yakut people.
Early years and education
Safronov was born on 4 September 1982 in Novosibirsk, where his parents attended university. He grew up in rural Amga village with a population of 3,000 at the time. His father, Aleksandr Safronov, is a wrestling coach, while his mother, Marfa Safronova, was an elementary school mathematics teacher. Safronov attended Amga Secondary School №1 until 7th grade and transferred to Churapcha Sports Boarding School in Churapchinsky Ulus in order to focus on freestyle wrestling. From Churapcha, he was selected to join the Olympic Reserve School in Yakutsk for promising young athletes. At 15 in 1997, as part of a sports exchange program, he attended Brea Olinda High School in Orange County, California.
Safronov earned master's degrees from Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In the former, he was Roy Family Scholarship recipient for Energy Innovation and Decarbonization. He received his bachelor's degree from the Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics, which in 2015 was acquired by the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
His portfolio as Yakutia's Minister of Trade, Investment and Enterprise centered on fostering trade and increasing business activity with Asia Pacific as well as improving Sakha Republic's investment climate by serving as territory liaison between the World Bank "Doing Business" unit and Russia's state investment promotion agency responsible for the annual national business climate ranking. During Safronov's tenure, Yakutia's investment climate standing improved by 36 positions from 58th to 22nd among Russia's 85 federal subjects.
Safronov was accountable for developing relationships with global financial institutions and multilateral development banks such as the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation. He was also responsible for strengthening Yakutia's direct cooperation with Asia-based Commerce, Industry and Trade Ministries — including of China, Singapore and the Philippines.
Safronov advocated for and achieved from the federal government the reduction of electricity tariffs in Sakha Republic by more than 50% to increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises owned and operated by indigenous communities in harsh Arctic conditions.
He implemented energy efficiency and emissions reduction program based on wind power generation, which was successfully deployed in Tiksi township of Bulunsky District with federal funding support and the attraction of investment and technology from Japan. The remote Arctic settlement previously relied entirely on firewood and diesel for heat and electricity generation, causing deforestation and CO2 emissions.
- "Назначен министр инвестиционного развития и предпринимательства Якутии". 9 Jan 2017. https://www.sakha.gov.ru/news/front/view/id/2706637.
- "UWW PNG Wrestling Federation Leadership". 30 Dec 2016. https://unitedworldwrestling.org/about-uww/national-federation/papua-new-guinea-wrestling-federation.
- "Сафронов является чемпионом Дальнего Востока и сертифицированным тренером борьбы United World Wrestling (UWW)". 9 Jan 2017. https://www.yakutia.kp.ru/online/news/2621521/.
- "Министр инвестиционного развития и предпринимательства Якутии". 9 Jan 2017. https://news.ykt.ru/article/51920.
- "Parami Energy Group Senior Management". 3 Dec 2018. http://www.parami.com/about-us/senior-management.
- "What's it like living in the COLDEST place in Russia?". 4 Feb 2020. https://www.rbth.com/travel/331638-coldest-places-russia-yakutia.
- "Anton Safronov appointed as Minister in Yakutia". 10 Jan 2017. http://en.ysia.ru/2017/01/10/anton-safronov-was-appointed-as-ministry-of-investment-and-enterprise-in-yakutia/.
- "MIT Energy Club (Oil & Gas Community)". 6 Sep 2010. https://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/activity/p/petroleum/.
- "Гришин — от слияния РЭУ и МЭСИ студенты только выиграют". 1 Oct 2015. https://na.ria.ru/20151001/1294593531.html.
- "2017 — Якутия заняла 52 место, поднявшись на 6 пунктов". 26 May 2018. https://sakhaday.ru/news/nespravedlivo-kogda-eksperty-asi-poseshhayut-lidiruyushhie-regiony-ministr-investrazvitiya-yakutii-o-rejtinge-invest-privlekatelnosti-regionov.
- "2018 — Якутия заняла 22 место, поднявшись на 30 пунктов". 8 Jun 2019. http://ysia.ru/yakutiya-stala-liderom-rosta-v-natsionalnom-rejtinge-investklimata-v-rossii-2/.
- "Власти Якутии предложили Азиатскому банку инвестировать в строительство нового водозабора". 27 Jun 2017. https://finance.rambler.ru/economics/37256554-vlasti-yakutii-predlozhili-aziatskomu-banku-investirovat-v-stroitelstvo-novogo-vodozabora/.
- "Японский банк готов рассмотреть три якутских проекта — Сафронов". 25 Feb 2018. https://yk24.ru/index/obshhestvo/yaponskij-bank-gotov-rassmotret-tri-yakutskix-proekta-safronov.
- "Министерство торговли Китая рассмотрит вопрос участия в строительстве моста через Лену". 8 Dec 2017. https://news.ykt.ru/article/65809.
- "Антон Сафронов представил инвестпроекты Якутии в Сингапуре". 14 Apr 2017. https://news.ykt.ru/article/55792.
- "Philippines — to Russia with love". 19 Jun 2018. https://www.philstar.com/other-sections/newsmakers/2018/06/19/1825763/russia-love.
- "Антон Сафронов: Снижение тарифа на электроэнергию — это хороший стимул для бизнеса". 1 Jul 2017. https://yakutia.info/article/181016.
- "Строительство ветропарка в п. Тикси на севере Якутии планируется завершить осенью 2018 г.". 24 Nov 2017. https://neftegaz.ru/news/Alternative-energy/205219-stroitelstvo-vetroparka-v-pos-tiksi-na-severe-yakutii-planiruetsya-zavershit-osenyu-2018-g/.
- "RusHydro and Japanese companies jointly build wind power project in Yakutia". 27 Feb 2018. http://www.eng.rushydro.ru/press/news/105440.html.