- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 16 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anubex. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anubex, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anubex.
Anubex is a Belgian software and information technology company based in Kontich, in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The company provides products (CodeTurn, DataTurn, TestMatch and DataMatch) and services to automate the modernization of legacy systems. Anubex operates worldwide and has done projects in over 30 countries.
The company was founded in 1988 as Falcon Software, offering several packaged software solutions for professional services companies. Its products included Praxis (project- and cost management), Acis (conflict of interests checking system) and ReDocs (document generation). Falcon software began developing and marketing legacy system migration tools in 1993.
In June 1998, Belgian software company Real Software, which in later years would become a part of GFI Informatique through a number of mergers and acquisitions, took a 51% participation in Falcon Software.
In June 2001, the owners of Falcon Software bought back the 51% participation from Real Software, leaving the group and becoming an independent company again.
Following the de-merger from Real Software, a strategic review of the company was carried out. Next to a rebranding under the name Anubex, the review focused on identifying where future investments should be made to achieve high revenue growth and ROI. The review highlighted the need to focus on the core business, identified as being that of legacy migration tools and expertise.
By the end of 2001, the Praxis and Acis business units were disposed of, followed by the sale of the ReDocs IP in 2009. Since then, the company focus has solely been on legacy migration.
Next to its line of products, Anubex also developed its own migration methodology, called Migratonomy, which was released in 2017.
In 2019 Anubex sold a first full suite license, including all four products and Migratonomy
- "Visterin Verdiept: België is mainframe-land". Computable. 1 June 2018. https://www.computable.be/artikel/achtergrond/infrastructuur/6370603/5594136/visterin-verdiept-belgie-is-mainframe-land.html. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Lookup search. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- GFI Informatique, French Wikipedia page. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- dVO website, in Dutch. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Stack Overflow company listing. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Platformmodernization website. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Press release, 28 February 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.