- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 27 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Arahmaiani. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Arahmaiani, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Arahmaiani.
Arahmaiani (Arahmayani Feisal, born May 21, 1961) is an Indonesian artist born in Bandung and based in Yogyakarta, Java, Indonesia.
Though best known as a performance artist, she also employs painting, drawing, sculpture, video, poetry, dance, and installation. The thematic material of her work is diverse, but it often focuses on the oppression of women's bodies by men, religion in modern society, Western commercial imperialism, and global industrialization.
- Zineng, Wang (May/June 2008). "New Trajectories: Arahmaiani in Yogyakarta". Mutualart.com. http://www.mutualart.com/OpenArticle/New-Trajectories--Arahmaiani-in-Yogyakar/FC795F19A74268AA. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Samat, Hafidah (17 August 2005). "Artist's dig at market terrorism". New Straits Times Template:Subscription required. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-112226745.html. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Robinson, Kathryn; Bessell, Sharon (2002). Women in Indonesia: Gender, Equity, and Development. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies Template:Subscription required. pp. 120–121. http://www.questia.com/read/119242202/women-in-indonesia-gender-equity-and-development.
- "Arahmaiani". Tyler Rollins Fine Art. http://www.trfineart.com/artists/arahmaiani. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Bollansee, Marc; Supriyanto, Enin (2007). Indonesian Contemporary Artists Now. Singapore: SNP Editions. p. 122-3. ISBN 9789812481429.
- Haupt, Gerhart; Binder, Pat (August 2003). "Arahmaiani". Bafas Art Magazine. Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen. http://universes-in-universe.org/eng/nafas/articles/2003/arahmaiani. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Cotter, Holland (January 30, 2014). "Arahmaiani: ‘Fertility of the Mind’". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/arts/design/arahmaiani-fertility-of-the-mind.html?_r=0.