- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 12 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Aretha_Henry. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aretha_Henry, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aretha_Henry.
Henry released her debut album, Beautiful, on June 26, 2010. The album was followed in 2011 by a compilation album titled The Best of Aretha Henry-Jones. It includes singles Magic and In My Own World along with fan favorites from her debut album.
Aretha Henry is most known for her singles "I want you" and "Captive" despite not being signed to a major record label. In October 2012, "Captive" peaked at #23 on the Top 40 Urban/Hip-hop/Latin Chart.
On April 28, 2014, she released the first single from her third studio album Superhuman titled "Masterpiece". The single was featured on the Digital Trends website as the best new music of 2014. Superhuman was released on September 18, 2014. Pop track, Party, from the Superhuman album appeared several times on the Top 50 Crossover Charts.
Henry announced the start of her own record label, Oz Avenue Entertainment in June 2015. She also announced her plans to release her next compilation album, The Best of Aretha Henry-Jones Volume 2 on the new label.
Aretha Henry was raised in Camden Mississippi. She has two sisters of which she is the middle child. Her younger years were spent singing in church and in school choirs. She graduated from Velma Jackson High School and later studied Fashion Merchandising at The University of Southern Mississippi.
- Beautiful (2010)
- The Best of Aretha Henry-Jones (2011)
- Enchanted (2012)
- Superhuman (2014)
- The Best of Aretha Henry-Jones Volume 2 (2015)
- BBC BBC Music Aretha Henry .Retrieved April 12, 2013
- MSI Song of the Week .Retrieved May 18, 2013
- Scandalous Women Aretha Henry's R&B Magic .Retrieved May 18, 2013
- "Aretha Henry Website" Biography. Retrieved 2013
- Musicbrainz" Musicbrainz. Retrieved 2013
- "Allmusic" Allmusic . Retrieved 2013
- "Datpiff" Datpiff Unsigned Mixtape . Retrieved 2013
- "'Artist of the Year 2' Compilation Album iTunes. Retrieved 2013
- "Top 40 Starfleet Music Pool- Top 40 Indie Urban/Hip-hop/Latin October 1,2012" Starfleet Music Pool. Retrieved April 7, 2013
- Top 40 Indie Urban/Hip-hop/Latin 9/1/2012 Starfleet Music Pool .Retrieved April 12, 2013
- Radio Nation Interview .Retrieved April 7, 2013
- Aretha Henry Daily Beautiful Album Re-Released .Retrieved May 18, 2013
- Aretha Henry Daily Amazon's Hot New Release .Retrieved May 18, 2013
- Starfleet Music Pool Charts.Retrieved July 5, 2014
- Starfleet Music Pool Top 50 Indie Urban/Hip-hop/Latin Chart.Retrieved May 7, 2014
- Starfleet Music Pool Top 50 Crossover Chart. Retrieved May 7, 2014
- Digital Trends Best New Music for May 2014- New Singles.Retrieved May 7, 2014
- Digital Journal New Music: Aretha Henry Releases New Album Superhuman .Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Starfleet Music Pool Top 50 Crossover Chart. Retrieved November 16, 2014
- Mi2n Aretha Henry Is Starting A New Record Label .Retrieved June 18, 2015
- Youtube Aretha Henry Interview with Radio Nation (Ontario Canada) .Retrieved March 3, 2015
- Discogs Aretha Henry Discography .Retrieved March 3, 2015
- "The Clarion Ledger" "Weddings".Retrieved June 2, 2018