- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 30 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Aronson_LLC. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aronson_LLC, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Aronson_LLC.
- This article was tagged for needing more citations which aren't needed here.
Aronson LLC is an American accounting and financial consulting company based in Rockville, Maryland. The company employs more than 250 accountants, consultants and administrative staff, and specializes in financial audit, tax and management consulting services. The company provides services for vertical markets including government contracting, nonprofit, construction, real estate, technology and professional services companies.
Aronson LLC is a member of Praxity, a global alliance of independent firms, organized as an international not-for-profit entity under Belgian law, with administrative office in London.
With additions to management came several name changes over the years. In 1974, the firm was renamed Aronson, Greene, Fisher & Co., Chartered; in 1986, Aronson, Fetridge, Weigle & Stern; in 1992, Aronson Fetridge, Weigle & Schimel; in 1994, Aronson, Fetridge & Weigle; and in 2001, Aronson & Company. In 2011, the firm adopted its current name, Aronson LLC, when it changed its corporate management structure.
In 2004 the company established the Aronson Foundation, a charitable organization. Foundation funding comes from donations and philanthropic work by company team members, officers, clients and contacts.
In 2005, Aronson merged with Capron Associates, LLP, a small public accounting firm based in Bethesda, Maryland. Capron was absorbed into Aronson's organizational structure, operating under the Aronson name and moving to their Rockville offices. In 2008, the company integrated Norman A. Snyder, III, CPA's audit practice, formerly associated with Virginia's Fitzgerald, Snyder & Co., into their practice.
In 2009, Aronson moved to new headquarters in Rockville.
Aronson Capital Partners is an investment bank providing mergers and acquisitions services, corporate finance and valuation services to middle-market companies in the defense and government technology services industries.
Awards and recognition
- Aronson has been continuously recognized by The Washington Post as one of the Washington, D.C. Metro area's "Top Workplaces." The firm was recognized for this award in 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2014.
- Aronson has been continuously recognized by the Washington Business Journal as one of the Washington, D.C. Metro area’s "Best Places to Work," The firm was recognized for this award in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2008, and 2007.
- Aronson has been continuously recognized by INSIDE Public Accounting as a "Top 100 Firm." The firm was recognized for these awards in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and previous years.
- Aronson has been continuously recognized by Accounting Today as a "Top 100 Firm" and "Capital Region Leader." The firm was recognized for these awards in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and previous years.
- In 2016, Aronson was recognized by the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce as an "Outstanding Corporate Citizen" for its corporate social responsibility efforts. In 2012, the firm was a winner of the Gazette of Business & Politics Exceptional 53 awards. In 2010, the company won the Montgomery County Chamber's Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- "Aronson LLC | About Us". http://www.aronsonllc.com/our-firm/about-us.
- "Praxity Participating Firms". http://www.praxity.com/participating-firms/Pages/A-Z%20Directory.aspx.
- "A Tribute to Our Mentor, Friend & Founder". Aronson LLC. https://aronsonllc.com/about/in-memoriam-gerald-r-aronson/. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "Aronson Creates Foundation Serving Childrens' Needs". Accounting Today. 2 June 2004. http://www.webcpa.com/article.cfm?articleid=4610.
- WebCPA staff (7 September 2005). "Aronson & Co. Merges in Bethesda Firm". Accounting Today. http://www.webcpa.com/article.cfm?articleid=14567.
- "Top Workplaces". https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dre/capital-business/top-workplaces?sizeband=2.
- "Best Places to Work 2014: Large Companies". American City Business Journals. May 9, 2014. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/print-edition/2014/05/09/best-places-to-work-2014-large-companies.html?page=7. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- "Best Places to Work 2013: Large Companies". Washington Business Journal. 10 May 2013. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/slideshow/2013/05/10/best-places-to-work-2013-large.html.
- "Best Places to Work 2012: The Companies". Washington Business Journal. 1 June 2012. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/datacenter/best-places-to-work-2012-master-list.html.
- "Best Places to Work 2008". Washington Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/event/3916/.
- "Best Places to Work 2007". Washington Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/event/3177.
- "The 2014 IPA Best of the Best Firms". Inside Public Accounting. http://insidepublicaccounting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/INSIDE-Public-Accounting_2014-Best-of-the-Best.pdf.
- "IPA Special Report - The 2014 IPA 100 Firms". http://blog.insidepublicaccounting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/INSIDE-Public-Accounting_August_2014_WEB_FINAL1.pdf.
- "Accounting Today 2014 Top 100 Firms". http://digital.accountingtoday.com/accountingtoday/top_100_firms_supplement_2014#pg17.
- "P&B 53". http://ww2.gazette.net/PB53/.
- "Business Awards - About the Awards and Past Winners". http://montgomerycountychamber.com/events/business-awards-dinner/about-awards-and-past-winners.