- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 28 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Asifa_Khan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Asifa_Khan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Asifa_Khan.
Asifa Khan is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). She has emerged as a prominent Muslim face of BJP. She is now considered amongst the very close persons to the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and also as the leading and emerging face of Muslims in the party. She represents and defends the BJP as well as put forward the views of the party on print and electronic media and also on leading TV channels.
Early and personal life
Asifa Khan hails from Bharuch district, Gujarat, to which Congress leader Ahmed Patel also belongs. She is a postgraduate in English literature. Asifa had worked as a journalist for 17 years in both print and electronic media. She had worked as stringer with two of Gujarat's leading English newspapers,a local Gujarati newspaper and briefly for Zee News as well. Asifa was offered the membership of Censor Board in 2005 when Sharmila Tagore was the chairperson by Congress leader Ahmed Patel.
She joined the Congress in 2008 and worked for four years as media convener of the All India Mahila Congress,after she was handpicked by Ahmed Patel to join Congress party before 2009 Indian general election. She was groomed by Ahmed Patel and even offered Lok Sabha ticket for 2009 elections by him. She joined the BJP in October 2012 just three months before Gujarat elections, after she met Narendra Modi. She was impressed by Sakhi mandals,initiated by Narendra Modi. She rapidly moved up from the BJP’s national minority morcha to its media committee. She actively campaigned for BJP in 2012 Gujarat Legislative Assembly election held in December 2012 and played a significant role in taking Modi's developmental message to Muslim-majority areas along with Mehboobali Bavasaheb,Gujarat BJP Minority Morcha President. She coordinated the "young India leader conclave" in Gandhinagar in June 2013, which was attended by former cabinet secretary Syed Zafar Mahmood. Asifa was the first Muslim woman appointed in Gujarat BJP’s executive committee in September 2013. She is also in the national executive of the BJP Minority Morcha.
- Bhattacharji, Shantanu (16 October 2013). "The triple M factor: Modi, Muslims and Madani". Business Standard. https://www.business-standard.com/article/politics/the-triple-m-factor-modi-muslims-and-madani-113101600405_1.html. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- "National Office Bearers". Bharatiya Janata Party website. 28 September 2010. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/asifa-khan-groomed-by-ahmed-patel-now-with-modi/. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Know Asifa Khan: Muslim face of Modi’s female support base
- Narendra Modi's firebrand women politicos are a force to reckon with
- The Big Bens
- Muslim businessmen are Modi’s bridges to the community
- Modi and Muslims
- "HPCL profile". https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=419974474&privcapId=878052.
- "BJP's Sambit Patra appointed to ONGC board". http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/bjps-sambit-patra-appointed-to-ongc-board-2401653.html.
- "BJP leaders named as ‘independent’ directors in top PSUs". http://indianexpress.com/article/india/bjp-leaders-named-as-independent-directors-in-top-psus-acc-4493473/.
- "Directors HPCL". http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/boardofdirectors.
- ‘Lack of leadership’ in Gujarat Congress drew Asifa to BJP fold
- Gujarat: former Congress spokeswoman joins BJP Template:Webarchive
- Asifa Khan goes to Delhi as Narendra Modi’s nominee
- BJP's poll poser: How to net Gujarat's Muslim vote
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-01. https://web.archive.org/web/20160301210343/http://www.narendramodi.in/the-1-25-lakh-sakhi-mandals-to-undertake-economic-and. Retrieved 2014-07-01. -saving-activities/
- Asifa Khan elevated as BJP’s national executive member
- Congress' approach towards Muslims hypocritical, Modi's inclusive: BJP leader Asifa Khan
- Modi's Muslim messengers
- "Archived copy". http://newsindiatimes.com/women-should-think-twice-about-narendra-modi/.
- Meet Modi's cheergirls