- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 12 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Banaras_Biradari. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Banaras_Biradari, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Banaras_Biradari.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
In Hindustani "Banarasi Biradari" means "Banaras Community".
"Banaras" or "Varanasi" is the city where the Kautilya Society has its headquarter. In spite of the "local" name, the readership of Banaras Biradari is mainly international.
The blog is one of the media that Kautilya Society manages for promoting partnership between people of different cultural backgrounds.
Most of the articles are written in English, although other languages are used, especially Italian and Hindi. In the Blog the managers of the projects of Kautilya Society maintain a dialogue with the project stakeholders, and inform the general public of Varanasi of the activities carried out in the city.
The Blog authorship is collective and includes all the members of Kautilya Society who propose a post to the editorial committee. Most of post however have been prepared by Vrinda Dar, the General Secretary of the Society and manger of the Varanasi heritage protection project.
The Blog pages
The pages of the Blog gives an outlook of the characteristics of the Society and a presentation of its main activities.
The Post categories
Template:External links The posts of the Blog are divided into categories:
- Dialogue: this is the core mission of the Society and the articles of this section are meant to help understanding the cultural traditions of others and contrast bigotry and ethnocentrism (including the modern Western biases).
- Banaras Diary with updates of social and cultural events of Varanasi where the Kautilya Society members participate and interact
- Our Heritage on the work in progress for protecting the architectural heritage of Varanasi and for enlisting the Ghats of Varanasi in the World Heritage List of UNESCO
- International Cooperation Informing about ongoing international cooperation projects managed by the Society in responsible tourism, sustainable development, media for peace building.
- Italian for the articles written in Italian.
Reporting on the PIL
The blog has become important in the controversy around the PIL that the Society filed against the Government Of Uttar Pradesh and in reporting about the FIRs launched by the Varanasi administration against the Kautilya Society.
Reporting on the the Work in progress in the Wikimedia Projects
The blog is used for updates and discussions of the work in progress encouraged bu tht Kautilya Society in two Wikimedia projects:
- The Wikibook Development Cooperation Handbook: This is a reference book for for development workers on managing the design, implementation and evaluation of development cooperation actions.
- The Wikiversity module The Varanasi Heritage Dossier : a collective effort in preparing the dossier required for proposing Varanasi as World Heritage Site in the UNESCO list.
- List of blogs
- World Heritage Site
- Heritage tourism
- The Varanasi Heritage Dossier
- Responsible Development - Varanasi
- In India, NGOs can be registered in four ways: Trust, Society, Section-25 Company, Special Licensing. Registration can be done with the Registrar of Companies(RoC). The following laws or Constitutional Articles of the Republic of India are relevant to the NGOs: Articles 19(1)(c) and 30 of the Constitution of India, Income Tax Act, 1961, Public Trusts Acts of various states, Societies Registration Act, 1860, Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act, 1956, Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976
- What is Kautilya Society, Banaras Biradari, http://www.kautilyasociety.com/blog/our-projects/about-us/ .
- Kautilya Online Resources, Banaras Biradari, http://www.kautilyasociety.com/blog/our-projects/kautilya-online-resources/ .
- May Kashi be a model of responsible tourism !, Banaras Biradari, http://www.kautilyasociety.com/blog/may-kashi-be-a-model-responsible-tourism/ .
- Litigation for Varanasi Heritage intensifies, Wikinews, http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Litigation_for_Varanasi_Heritage_intensifies
- FIR against Kautilya society, The Times of India, June 8, 2013, http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-06-08/varanasi/39833097_1_vda-varanasi-development-authority-building-owner
- Managing, Evaluating and Communicating in Development Programs, Wikibooks, https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Development_Cooperation_Handbook
- The Varanasi Heritage Dossier, Wikiversity, https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/The_Varanasi_Heritage_Dossier