Berserker (1987 film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 12 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Berserker_(1987_film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Berserker_(1987_film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Berserker_(1987_film).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (June 2012)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2014)
Berserker, also known as Berserker: The Nordic Curse, is a 1987 American slasher film written and directed by Jefferson Richard. The film centers on a group of campers who are stalked and murdered by a Viking berserker.
Template:Expand section According to an old Nordic legend, a Berserker was a bloodthirsty warrior who ate human flesh, forbidden a restful death and fated to be reincarnated in their blood kin. A summer camp accidentally stumbles across the Berserker legend when it arises in Rainbow Valley, an area settled by Norwegian immigrants. The camp is abuzz with rumours of a wild bear killing people in the area, including speculation about an old couple who get lost. But is it really a bear?
- Valerie Sheldonas as Monica
- Beth Toussaint as Kate
- Sami Ruben as Allie
- Joseph Alan Jones as Jerry
- Mike Riley as the Berserker
Template:Expand section Andrew Smith from Popcorn Pictures awarded the film a score of 3/10, writing, Berserker sounded great and could have become a little slasher gem but the lack of the berserker on-screen is disappointing and ‘Gentle Ben’ the bear doesn’t have any need to be in here. One to avoid unless you are have a burning desire to see every 80s slasher film". Todd Martin from HorrorNews.net offered the film similar criticism, calling it "a boring, confusing, hokey, mess of a film". Will and Roni agree that the Viking element was underplayed.
- D'Arc, James V. (2010). When Hollywood came to town: a history of moviemaking in Utah (1st ed.). Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. ISBN 9781423605874.
- "Berserker (1987) - Jef Richard, Henning Schellerup". AllMovie. https://www.allmovie.com/movie/berserker-v4895/releases. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Smith, Andrew. "Berserker (1987)". Andrew Smith. http://www.popcornpictures.co.uk/berserker-1987/. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Martin, Todd. "Film Review: Berserker (1987)". Todd Martin. http://horrornews.net/95732/film-review-berserker-1987/. Retrieved 18 June 2018.