- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 27 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:BetterDoctor. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BetterDoctor, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BetterDoctor.
BetterDoctor is a venture-funded startup based in San Francisco, California. The company operates an online marketplace where patients can search for physicians, dentists, and alternative medicine practitioners. BetterDoctor claims that the service covers information on nearly 1,000,000 providers in the United States. Users can search doctors and dentists based on specialty, insurance plan, location, and name.
BetterDoctor was co-founded by Ari Tulla and Tapio Tolvanen in 2012. The original idea was born out of Ari Tulla's personal struggles with the US healthcare system. The beta service was launched at San Francisco in February 2012. BetterDoctor Bay Area service was launched at Health 2.0 event in Boston on May 2012. Nationwide service launched at TechCrunch Disrupt event in San Francisco in September 2012.
- Rush, Wade. "BetterDoctor’s Ad-Free Physician Search Tool Goes Nationwide". Xconomy. Xconomy. http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2012/10/11/betterdoctors-ad-free-physician-search-tool-goes-nationwide/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- McNicholas, Kym. "Exclusive: Another Takeover Target Emerges In The Health Care Space". PandoDaily. PandoDaily. http://pandodaily.com/2012/05/15/another-takeover-target-emerges-in-the-health-care-space/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Tsotsis, Alexia. "Founders Den Demo Day Part Deux: 14 Startups Come Out Of Hibernation". TechCrunch. AOL. http://techcrunch.com/2012/02/23/founders-den-demo-day-part-deux-fourteen-startups-come-out-of-hibernation/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Montini, Laura. "BetterDoctor Launches in the Bay Area". Health 2.0 News. Health 2.0. http://www.health2con.com/news/2012/09/10/betterdoctor-launches-in-the-bay-area/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Empson, Rip. "OpenTable For MDs: BetterDoctor Launches To Help You Find The Best Available Care Near You". TechCrunch. OAL. http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/betterdoctor-launch/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Farr, Christina. "BetterDoctor, the ‘OpenTable for doctors’, launches nationwide". VentureBeat. VentureBeat. http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/08/betterdoctor/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Heussner, Ki Mae. "BetterDoctor takes on ZocDoc with streamlined doctor discovery app, now on iOS". GigaOm. GigaOm. http://gigaom.com/2013/01/31/betterdoctor-takes-on-zocdoc-with-streamlined-doctor-discovery-app-now-on-ios/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Empson, Rip. "The Ultimate Guide To The 50+ Hottest Health And Fitness Apps, Gadgets And Startups Of The Year". TechCrunch. OAL. http://techcrunch.com/2013/01/02/best-health-apps/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Rauber, Chris. "Doctor-rating startup team raises $650K". San Francisco Business Times. San Francisco Business Times. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/print-edition/2012/09/21/doctor-rating-startup-team-raises-650k.html. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Dolan, Brian. "Seven digital health startups raised $26 million in recent weeks". MobiHealthNews. MobiHealthNews. http://mobihealthnews.com/18425/seven-digital-health-startups-raised-26-million-in-recent-weeks/. Retrieved 12 June 2013.