- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 7 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bharati_Ghosh. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bharati_Ghosh, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bharati_Ghosh.
Template:Use Indian English Original short description: "Bengali politician"
Ghosh completed her MBA from Jadavpur University in Kolkata and Engineering Degree passed LL.B from Burdwan University. She also went on to study International Marketing and Psycho Analytical Theory from a summer school at Harvard University. She was a recipient of the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship of the Government of the United Kingdom for her studies in Political Science at the London School of Economics.
Ghosh joined the West Bengal Police Service in 1994 as a Deputy Superintendent of Police. During her tenure she served in the West Bengal Criminal Investigation Department (CID), the state Intelligence Bureau (IB).
In 2011, she was initially posted as Additional Superintendent of Police of the newly formed Jhargram Police District. On 15 August 2014, Ghosh was awarded with the Chief Minister's Police medal. Ghosh was transferred to the third Battalion of the West Bengal Armed Police on 26 December 2017 but she refused to take up the new posting and applied for voluntary retirement. After the retirement several criminal complaints related to extortion, theft, and corruption were lodged against Ghosh. The West Bengal CID, which was assigned to investigate the cases against her, named her in their charge sheet and referred to her as an absconder. Ghosh filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court of India. The apex court granted her interim protection in the cases filed against her via two orders given in October 2018 and February 2019.
On 4 February 2019, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of Ravi Shankar Prasad and Kailash Vijayvargiya. BJP nominated Ghosh to contest in the 2019 Indian general election from Ghatal (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "(TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTEE OF INDIA PART-I SECTION II)". https://ips.gov.in/Appointment/Appointment%20by%20promotion%20of%20West%20Bengal%20(Select%20List%202010).pdf.
- Ghoshal, Arkadev (2 February 2018). "Who is Bharati Ghosh? Harvard-educated UN peacekeeper went from being Mamata Banerjee's cop daughter to bete noire". International Business Times. https://www.ibtimes.co.in/who-bharati-ghosh-harvard-educated-un-peacekeeper-went-being-mamata-banerjees-cop-daughter-759233.
- "Once Close To Mamata Banerjee, Ex-Cop To Take On Actor Dev On BJP Ticket". https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bjp-candidate-list-lok-sabha-elections-2019-ex-ips-officer-bharati-ghosh-once-close-to-mamata-banerj-2010990.
- "SC Stays Arrest of Ex-IPS Officer Bharati Ghosh". https://www.news18.com/news/india/sc-stays-arrest-of-ex-ips-officer-bharati-ghosh-in-all-cases-registered-by-wb-police-2042011.html.
- "Election 2019: BJP Candidate list for West Bengal". https://www.businessinsider.in/election-2019-bjp-candidate-list-for-west-bengal/articleshow/68811097.cms.