- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Blacklight_(MC2). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Blacklight_(MC2), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Blacklight_(MC2).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article was tagged for needing more citations which aren't needed here.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2018)
Blacklight (Kandra Freeman), is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character appeared in the MC2 series A-Next. She is the daughter of Derek Freeman and Monica Rambeau aka Photon.Template:Full citation needed
Fictional character biography
When Kevin Masterson of A-Next was attacked by his old enemies, the "Sons of the Serpent", he was heavily outnumbered, and was surrounded by people so he couldn't transform into his heroic identity of Thunderstrike. But help arrived in the form of a costumed heroine, called Blacklight (whose costume bore a noticeable resemblance to the costume worn by Photon). Blacklight was able to use her energy manipulation powers to fight the Sons of the Serpent. Despite her apparent newness to the superhero game, she soon showed the Serpents that she was a force to be reckoned with, especially when she demonstrated the power to form solid objects out of Darkforce. Kevin was finally able to change into Thunderstrike and help her fight the Serpents. Thunderstrike was very impressed with her performance after the battle was won, and offered her a spot on the A-Next team, but she declined, preferring to work as a solo hero.
But when the evil Red Queen and her Revengers captured A-Next, Blacklight was quick to lend assistance, using her energy constructs to both free the captured heroes, and fight the villains. When the battle was over, she accepted membership with A-Next.
Powers and abilities
Blacklight has the ability to manipulate solid light constructs, and use it to fire blasts of destructive energy. She can also focus her energies into solid form and create energy-constructs in virtually any form she can envision (ramps, stop signs, giant shovels, etc.) out of darkforce. She can also use her energy powers to fly at high speed.
In the fantasy world imagined by Courtney Duran where she was Spider-Girl, Blacklight was one of the many heroes who collaborated with her to make the world better.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- A-Next #9. Marvel Comics
- A-Next #12. Marvel Comics
- Spider-Girl #58-59. Marvel Comics
- Spider-Girl #92. Marvel Comics
- Spider-Girl #19. Marvel Comics