Brian H. Cameron
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Brian_H._Cameron. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Brian_H._Cameron.
Brian Harold Cameron (born 1966) is an American organizational theorist, Executive Director of the Center for Enterprise Architecture at Pennsylvania State University, professor, consultant, and founding president of the Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, known for work on enterprise systems education.
Cameron received his Bsc in Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude) in 1989 from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, his MBA in 1991 from Pennsylvania State University, where in 2004 he also received his PhD in Learning and Performance Systems with a supporting area in Information Systems(Magna Cum Laude).
Cameron started his career in industry. At IBM he held positions in IT development and management, and he was Chief Information Officer at WorldStor, Inc. in Fairfax, VA. In 2002 he jointed Pennsylvania State University, where he became Executive Director of the Center for Enterprise Architecture, and Assistant Professor at the College of Information Sciences and Technology. In 2011 he co-founded the Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations (FEAPO) in cooperation with a dozen professional organizations on Enterprise Architecture.
Cameron's research interests are in the areas of Business Process Modeling and Re-engineering, Enterprise Architecture & Integration, Enterprise Architecture Maturity Analysis, ITC Innovation, Enterprise Architecture Career Path Development, Enterprise Risk Analysis , Enterprise Systems Design and Development, Framework Development for Enterprise Architecture, Pedagogy for Enterprise Architecture & Integration, Portfolio Management, Service Oriented Architecture, Strategic Planning & Alignment, Value Measurement for Enterprise Architecture.
Cameron was awarded the Career Achievement Award (2011) from the Network Professional Association (NPA) for efforts related to the founding of the Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations (FEAPO), the building of the Center for Enterprise Architecture, and associated service to the profession. 
- Brian H. Cameron, Shawn M. Clark. Architecting It Solutions: A Consulting Approach to Systems Analysis and Design. Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, 2008
- Center for the Advancement of Enterprise Architecture Professionals (CAEAP) & Brian H. Cameron. Enterprise Architecture A Professional Practice Guide, 2012.
Articles, a selection:
- Cameron, Brian H. "IT Portfolio Management: Aligning IT and Business Strategy." The International Journal of Applied Management and Technology 3.1 (2005).
- Cameron, Brian H. "Enterprise systems education: new directions & challenges for the future." Proceedings of the 2008 ACM SIGMIS CPR conference on Computer personnel doctoral consortium and research. ACM, 2008.
- Cameron, Brian H., and Eric McMillan. "Analyzing the Current Trends in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks." Journal of Enterprise Architecture (2013): 60-71.
- Cameron, B. H. & McMillan, E. (2013). Enterprise Architecture Valuation and Metrics: A Survey Based Research Study. Journal of Enterprise Architecture, 9(1): 39-59.
- Cameron, B. H. & Malik, A. N. (2013). Perspectives on Enterprise Architecture, Architecture and Governance Magazine, Issue 9-4 November 6, 2013
- Lawler, James P., et al. "Critical success factors in the planning of a service-oriented architecture (SOA) strategy for educators and managers." Information Systems Education Journal 7.94 (2009): 1-30.
- Atif, Yacine, et al. "Enterprise Systems: Curriculum design and assessment." Education and Information Technologies 16.4 (2011): 441-461.
- Brian Cameron, Executive Director, Center for Enterprise Architecture at psu.edu. Accessed November 25, 2013.
- Terry T. Kidd, Holim Song (2008) Handbook of research on instructional systems and technology. p. 3
- About the EA Body of Knowledge at mitre.org. Accessed December 9, 2013.
- 2011 Awards for Professionalism at awardsforprofessionalism.org. Accessed December 9, 2013
- Brian H. Cameron at DBLP Computer Science Bibliography.
- Brian Cameron, Executive Director, Center for Enterprise Architecture
- Center for Enterprise Architecture, Pennsylvania State University