- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 17 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Broken_Sidewalk. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Broken_Sidewalk, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Broken_Sidewalk.
Broken Sidewalk is an American dark comedy–drama anthology television series created by Nathan Brimmer and Adam Luaces, and written by Brimmer, Luaces, and Katie Neuner. The trio of writers produce the show alongside director Aaron McPherson. The show highlights the slow decay of the American Dream, and is loosely based on Brimmer and Luaces' hometown. The series premiered at the HollyShorts Film Festival on August 15, 2018, and follows an anthology format, with each season set in a different region of the United States, and with a different story and some new characters and cast, with an overlap from the previous season.
The first season is set in 2016 and starring Challen Cates, Dolph Lundgren, Teri Reeves, and Shaun Sipos. It won the FirstGlance Film Festival for Best Online Short and the Audience Choice Award at the Catskill International Film Festival.
Pepper (Teri Reeves) has given up her acting dreams and returned to her hometown, now working as a full-time waitress in a rundown diner. Showing up for her New Year's Eve shift, Pepper deals with an unwanted proposal, a group of shiftless misfit coworkers Ginger (Challen Cates), Reed (Shaun Sipos), Cole (Alex Knight), more concerned with bathroom bong breaks and an unraveling backroom love triangle, and an ex Straw (Matt Page) who shows up with a long lost surprise (Kennedy Tucker). When the diner is robbed, the heist goes awry. Two people are shot, more than one mystery is solved, and Pepper is left to clean up the mess.
Cast and characters
- Challen Cates as Ginger
- Dolph Lundgren as Herb
- Alex Knight as Cole
- Matt Page as Straw
- Teri Reeves as Pepper
- Brett Rickaby as Barley
- Matt Riedy as Trigo
- Shaun Sipos as Reed
- Kennedy Tucker as Judy
- Jacob Young as Tortilla
- Unscripted, Tiffany (March 7, 2019). "Writer Nathan Brimmer’s “Broken Sidewalk” Captures the Comedy and the Tragedy of Urban Decay". Occhi Magazine. https://occhimagazine.com/producer-nathan-brimmers-broken-sidewalk-captures-the-comedy-and-tragedy-of-urban-decay/. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Ostroff, Bill (November 1, 2018). "Past Short Online Winners". FirstGlance Films. https://firstglancefilms.com/short-online-contest/. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Gagliardo, Anthony (September 11, 2018). "Festival Winners". Catskill International Film Festival. https://www.facebook.com/catskillsfilmfest/posts/1871412006257443. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Template:IMDb title—A user-generated database of information related to the series.