Bruce Eric Ruben
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 14 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bruce_Eric_Ruben. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bruce_Eric_Ruben.
Template:Infobox physician Bruce Eric Ruben, M.D. (born November, 04, 1958) is an American physician. He is a wound care specialist who has earned board certification in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine. In 2011, he founded Encompass Healthcare to accommodate quadriplegic, paraplegic, and wheelchair/disabled patients.
Life and career
Ruben served an Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at Sinai-Grace_Hospital of Detroit. Most notably, Ruben studied HIV infection at Detroit Receiving Hospital in the early 1990s and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at International ATMO in San Antonio, Texas followed by advanced study in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine - Mixed Gas Diving at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in Seattle, Washington.
- Ruben B, Hruszkewycz, V, Hypes C, Bostic G, Staskiewicz J, Band J.A. Cluster of Pseudofungemia Associated with Hospital Renovation Adjacent to the Microbiology Laboratory. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Nosocomial Infections, Atlanta, Georgia, August, 1990.
- Weidenbach MB, Ruben, B, Bien P, Zervos MJ, Comparative In Vitro Activity of AT-4140 Penicillin and Ciprofloxin Against Streptococcus pneumonia. Proceedings of the 30th Interscience conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Atlanta, Georgia, 1990.
- Ruben B, Wong P, Colville J, Band J. Person to person transmission of Brucella melitensis. Annual meeting of the Michigan Chapter of the American College of Physicians, Traverse City, Michigan, October 1990.
- Ruben B, Pollock M, Weidenbach MB, Mecoli-Kamp C, Zervos MJ, Lauter C. Pneumococcal Pneumonia and Bacteremia: Occurrence while on ciprofloxacin therapy and its clinical, microbiological characterizations at a large suburban community Hospital, Annual meeting of the Michigan Chapter of the American College of Physicians, Traverse City, Michigan, October 1990.
- MSIA—Michigan Self-Insured Association, May, 2008.
- MBIPC—Michigan Brain Injury Provider Council, June 2008.
- RINC-Rehabilitation Insurance Nurse Case Management, “Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Physics, Physiology, and Clinical Indications”, June 20, 2008.
- CMSA—Case Management Society of America, September 2008.
- RINC—Rehabilitation Insurance Nurse Case Management. “Advanced Wound Care and Nutrition”. June 19, 2009.
- St. Mary’s Hospital, “Wound Healing Pathways: A Simple Recipe for a Complex Problem.” August 6, 2009.
- Alaris. Nurse Case Management. “Wound Healing Pathways: A Simple Recipe for a Complex Problem”. November 13, 2009.