- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 21 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Burda_(surname). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Burda_(surname), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Burda_(surname).
Burda surname history has a complex evolution of which the particulars are beginning to be understood by Burda family researchers. The Burda family is an old heredity that has migrated all across the world over time, and as the Burda family surname has migrated, it has evolved making its origin challenging to piece together.
The evolution of Burda family name begins with the origins of the modern surname. Even in the early generations of a name there have been different spellings of that name simply because surnames were infrequently written down back when few people could write. It was common for a last name to change as it enters a new country or language. As Burda families emigrated between countries and languages, especially those Germanic and Slavic ones, the Burda name may have changed with them. Burda family members have moved around different countries all throughout history.
The nationality of Burda is often difficult to determine because country boundaries change over time, leaving the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Burda may be difficult to determine especially because it was common for a last name to change as it enters a new country or language. Still, according to several individual researches last name Burda probably has a Germanic origin and was intensively extended to today's Slavic lands and USA from the north-east part of the former Prussia. Some research suggests that the surname may come even from the Scandinavian countries such as Norway. It is assumed that the name Burda is probably old Slavic derivative form of Germanic surname. Today, surname is most commonly found in different Slavic countries such as northern Poland, the Czech Republic and western Ukraine, as a result of centuries-old migration of the European population.
- Name history in USA and Canada
- Burda Surname : 19th Century Germanic Immigrants
- Burda Surname : 19th Century Germanic Immigrants to USA
- Matches Found in Records of Germans Immigrating
- WVR Burda 15,440 matches in 184 collections
- Derived from the Norman personal name, Germanic origin.
- German cultural and linguistic influence from the Middle Ages
- Slavic ref. Czech, Slovak, Polish and Ukrainian.