Capture the Crown
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 1 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Capture_the_Crown. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Capture_the_Crown, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Capture_the_Crown.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (February 2013)
Capture the Crown is an Australian metalcore band from Sydney. The band has released four singles: ("You Call That a Knife, This Is a Knife", "#OIMATEWTF", "Ladies & Gentlemen... I Give You Hell" and "RVG"), one cover song ("In My Head") and released their debut album, 'Til Death, in December 2012. The band was created after the breakup of Atlanta Takes State.
Formed in early 2010, the band quickly gained success through their YouTube channel, and first release "You Call That a Knife? This Is a Knife!", quickly reaching five million views in under one year. Three of the members (Wellfare, Menzies, and Ellis) were previously in another metalcore band known as Atlanta Takes State. While their music video quickly rose them to popularity in the scene, it also gained them criticism for resembling other bands in the genre, such as Asking Alexandria. Their drummer Tyler (known by his nickname, Lone America, and for playing drums in A Late Night Serenade) is the only member not from Australia, being from Carlisle, Pennsylvania in the United States. The other members met him online and he was later asked to join the band. Kris Sheehan joined in 2011, having played in Curse at 27 with Wellfare.
'Til Death and Upcoming EP (2012–present)
Four months later on 11 March 2012, the band released their second single titled "#OIMATEWTF," which features guest vocals by Denis Shaforostov who was in the band Make Me Famous. The video reached almost 500,000 views in under six months. A little over a month later, a cover of Jason Derulo's song "In My Head" was released, followed by the band's fourth single "Ladies & Gentlemen... I Give You Hell" released 1 July 2012, reaching 350,000 views in just under two months.
On 20 August 2012, the band announced that it would be debuting on the Talk Your [S]#?!, We'll Give You a Reason Tour (despite never playing a show in Australia), alongside Woe, Is Me, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, The Seeking, Our Last Night and Secrets.
The music video for "Ladies And Gentleman...I Give You Hell" was released on 3 December 2012, along with the news that they have joined the Sumerian Records roster. On 13 December, a lyric video for the song "RVG" was released through the Sumerian Records YouTube channel.
The band recently announced that they are heading back into the studio to record a new EP with Cameron Mizell. They also announced that Tyler "Telle" Smith (The Word Alive) and Gus Farias (Volumes) would be doing guest vocals.
The band started playing a new song entitled "Rebearth" on the Generation Now Tour. The single, featuring guest vocals by Tyler "Telle" Smith, is streaming on Sumerian's YouTube channel and was officially released on 21 May 2013.
On 28 August, Capture the crown released a new single title "All Hype All Night," to generally negative reception, due to its lyrics about partying, drinking, and drugs. Many saw it as a step back from the politically charged "Rebearth". Despite this, they set out on their first headlining tour named after the song. The "All Hype All Night Tour," featured support from Secrets, Ice Nine Kills, My Ticket Home, and City in the Sea. Capture the Crown opened their sets with the song "All Hype All Night" throughout the tour.
On 30 October, Sumerian Records announced that Capture the Crown was no longer a part of their roster, despite this event the band have announced they are still going to continue as a band and they are recording a new album, it is still unknown if they are going to release the "All Hype All Night" EP EP coming soon...
On December 22, 2013, Blake Ellis announced his departure from the band on his personal facebook page.
- Current members
- Jeffrey Wellfare – lead vocals (2010–present)
- Jye Menzies – guitar (2010–present)
- Kris Sheehan – bass (2011–2013), guitar (2013–present)
- Tyler "Lone America" March – drums (2011–present)
- Past members
- Blake Ellis – guitar (2010–2013) bass (2013)
- Studio albums
- 'Til Death (2012)
- All Hype All Night (2014)
- "You Call That a Knife? This Is a Knife!" (2011)
- "Ladies & Gentlemen... I Give You Hell" (2012)
- "Captureacf The Crown - You Call That A Knife? This Is A Knife! Official Music Video". Capture The Crown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkjfaV9k8Q.
- "Capture The Crown - #OIMATEWTF Ft. Denis Shaforostov (Official)". Capture the Crown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9Q_ez2wa0&feature=relmfu.
- "Capture The Crown - In My Head - (Jason Derulo cover)". Capture The Crown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPvj9qQFSJg&feature=relmfu.
- "Capture The Crown - Ladies & Gentlemen... I Give You Hell Official Video". Capture The Crown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROTB0NZU6k&feature=relmfu.
- "Woe Is Me Headliners Talk Your Shit We'll Give You a Reason Tour!". nataliesworld. http://www.nataliezworld.com/2012/08/woe-is-me-headliners-talk-your-shit.html.
- "Capture The Crown". Kill Your Scene. http://killyourscene.info/capture-the-crown/.