Carlos Rivera (General Hospital)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 27 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Carlos_Rivera_(General_Hospital). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Carlos_Rivera_(General_Hospital), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Carlos_Rivera_(General_Hospital).
Template:Infobox soap character Carlos Rivera is a fictional character on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital. The character is portrayed by Jeffrey Vincent Parise since character's introduction on September 19, 2013. The character was created by head writer Ron Carlivati and introduced under executive producer Frank Valentini in 2013. Carlos is an operations manager and a mobster who works for the Jerome family Julian Jerome (William deVry), he also secretly works for Ava Jerome (Maura West) . He is still in love with his ex girlfriend Sabrina Santiago (Teresa Castillo) and a romantic rival of her current boyfriend, Patrick Drake (Jason Thompson (actor)).
Jeffrey first auditioned for the role of Julian Jerome which went to William deVry. He impressed the TPBD so much that they decided to give him another great role of Puerto Rican man, Carlos Rivera who will be an enforcer for Julian, and also be a man from Sabrina Santiago (Teresa Castillo)'s past who will cause problems for Patrick (Jason Thompson) and Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) . Executive producer Frank Valentini praised the actor by saying. “He’s an incredible actor and he is also incredibly well-liked by a bunch of people on the show, so it’s really fun to have him.” With such a seal of approval, Parise also gets to play around with his character’s personality and presentation. Like, the accent. Up until two days before the moment of truth, Parise said he wasn’t sure whether to have a Puerto Rican accent (he only recently visited the country with his girlfriend after nailing the role) or leave it alone. With incredible insight, he went with something in the middle, bringing up the strong accent only in times of emergency. “I didn’t want to go into it full-blown,” he told Soap Opera Digest’s Mara Levinsky recently. “You probably notice that when the accent really comes out is when he was begging for his life, when he’s really amped up, or when he’s with Sabrina. Especially when they start arguing, the accent really comes out. If it were real, they’d start speaking in Spanish, but instead I just sort of throw in the accent [more].” Parise was able to throw in a bit more of himself in Carlos’ apartment, with some inspired art he had on hand tying into his trip to Puerto Rico.  Jeffrey has appeared in shows like Days of Our Lives, Veronica Mars and CASTLE.
He moved from Puerto Rico to Port Charles to work as an Operations Manager and a mob for the Jerome family. In the past he also worked for them and knows all their family secrets. Back in Puerto Rico he was involved with Sabrina Santiago (Teresa Castillo).
Carlos moved to Port Charles in mid-September 2013. His first appearance was on September 19, 2013 when he first shows up at Sabrina's apartment and meets Felix Dubois (Marc Samuel) there, he introduces himself as Sabrina's friend from Puerto Rico. He works as a Mobster and Operations Manager for Julian Jerome (William deVry) of the Jerome family. He was arrested for the murder of A. J. Quartermaine (Sean Kanan) even though he was not responsible for it. Ava Jerome (Maura West) threatened jailed Carlos not to confess anything, if he does then she will kill Sabrina Santiago (Teresa Castillo) his weakness.
- Lash, Jolie (August 28, 2013). "General Hospital: Jeffrey Vincent Parise Heading To Port Charles (Exclusive)". Access Hollywood. http://www.accesshollywood.com/general-hospital-jeffrey-vincent-parise-heading-to-port-charles-exclusive_article_83593. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Weber, Carol Banksl (April 7, 2014). "General Hospital News and Gossip". Soap Zone. http://soapzone.com/newsroom.php/gh/news/07-Apr-2014. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- Newcomb, Roger (August 28, 2013). "Jeffrey Vincent Parise Joins GENERAL HOSPITAL". We Love Soaps. http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/08/jeffrey-vincent-parise-joins-general.html. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- Fairman, Michael (August 28, 2013). "Jeffrey Vincent Parise Cast As Man From Sabrina’s Past On General Hospital! Will He Break up Sabrina and Patrick?". Michael Fairman Soaps. http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/jeffrey-vincent-parise-cast-as-man-from-sabrinas-past-on-general-hospital-will-he-break-up-sabrina-and-patrick/2013/08/28/. Retrieved August 27, 2014.