Carter (real estate)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 17 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Carter_(real_estate). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Carter_(real_estate), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Carter_(real_estate).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Primary sources Advertising?
In 1958, Frank Carter and Ewell Pope started the company as Pope & Carter. 
In 1970, Crow, Pope, & Carter was formed, and the company entered the property management business.
In 1994, Carter named Billy Mitchell CEO.
In 2002, Bob Peterson took over the role of President/CEO.
In 2004, Carter was selected to project manage, property manage, and lease the office portion of Atlantic Station. The following year Carter relocated its headquarters to 171 17th Street in Atlantic Station. Scott Taylor was named President/CEO.
In 2007, Carter was selected as the master developer and equity partner for The Banks, Cincinnati's landmark public-private mixed-use project.
In 2011, Carter’s Brokerage and Property and Facility Management divisions were acquired by Cassidy Turley.
In 2013, Carter broke ground on a 590-bed project at UTSA in San Antonio.
In 2015, construction began on City Springs, developing an urban mixed-use city-center for Sandy Springs. The 14-acre development includes a central park, City Hall, retail market square with a mix of retail shops and restaurants, a 294-unit residential development and a 1,000-seat Performing Arts Center.
In 2017, Carter closed on a redevelopment of Summerhill, an 83-acre mixed-use project in downtown Atlanta.
In 2018, Carter purchased the MET, a 1.1 million square foot historic warehouse in Southwest Atlanta. City Springs residential and retail opened. Carter broke ground on a mixed-use deal with the Morehouse School of Medicine, which will hold 187 units of the first-ever student housing units on campus. 
|Project||Location||Product Type||Project Size||Architect||Contractor||Year|
|GE at the Banks||Cincinnati, OH||Office Building||12-story
338,000 sf office building
19,000 sf retail space
|2016 (sold) |
|The Banks||Cincinnati, OH||Mixed-Use
|1 million+ sf
534,00 sf residential
137,500 sf retail
338,000 sf office
5,000 permanent jobs created
$1 billion regional economic impact annually
|Piedmont West||Atlanta, GA||Medical Office Building||5-story building
125,000 sf medical office building
8 story, 330,000 sf parking deck with 787 spaces
|Enid Renaissance||Enid, OK||Municipal Facility||$24.5 million||W.L. McNatt & Co. (Convention Hall)
(For BellSouth Enterprises)
|Atlanta, GA||Corporate Office||28-story building
|Smallwood/Reynolds/Stewart and Stewart Inc.||1991 (completed)[no citations needed here]
|Campanile (For BellSouth)||Atlanta, GA||Corporate Office||446,000 sf
|Summerhill||Atlanta, GA||Mixed-Use||82 acres
35 acres into mixed-use neighborhood
40,000 sf grocery tenant
1 million sf of office space planned
100 townhomes planned
200 units for GSU student housing
|Rule Joy Trammell Rubio (apartments)||Current |
|MET||Atlanta, GA||Mixed-Use||1.1 million sf
$80 million investment
|2018 (purchased) |
|Morehouse School of Medicine||Atlanta, GA||Mixed-Use
|$52 million expansion
200 residential units
25,000 sf medical office building
2,500 sf retail space
9,000 sf wellness center
|Summerhill – Aspen Heights||Atlanta, GA||Student Housing||220 units
|Rule Joy Tramell Rubio|||
|City Springs||Sandy Springs, GA||Mixed-Use||14 acres including dining, retail, performing arts center, conference center, government offices, park and residences
294 unit residential development
1,000 seat Performing Arts Center
|2018 (residential and public components opened) |
|Nine 15||Tampa, FL||Mixed-Use
|2017 (delivered) |
|The Desota||Sarasota, FL||Mixed-Use
15,350 sf retail
|Foundry Lofts||Ann Arbor, MI||Mixed-Use
14-story mixed-use development
4,00 sf retail
|O’Neal Construction||2013 (approved) |
|Highpoint on Columbus Commons||Columbus, OH||Mixed-Use
|Two six-story buildings
98 units in North building
203 units in South Building
23,000 sf retail
|Moody Nolan||Brasfield Gorrie||2012 (announced)
|The Place on Ponce||Decatur, GA||Mixed-Use
10,000 sf retail
|Lindbergh City Center||Atlanta, GA||Mixed-Use Development||$120 million
1 million sf office
300,000 sf retail
|Radius at the Banks||Cincinnati, OH||Multi-Family||$67 million
18,000 sf retail
|Vista East & Vista West||Boise, ID||Mixed-Use
|539 beds||2015 (delivered) |
|Tetro Student Village||San Antonio, TX||Multi-Family
|2014 (groundbreaking) |
|Highland Square||Oxford, MS||Multi-Family
15,00 sf amenity space and clubhouse
|Aston at City Springs||Atlanta, GA||Residential||275 apartments
|City Federal||Birmingham, AL||Residential Condominium||84 units
|2010 (acquired) |
- 1991, NAIOP taps Carter as Developer of the Year
- 2000, Atlanta Regional Commission awards Carter with a "Development of Excellence" award fro Lindbergh City Center
- 2002, Billy Mitchell, Chairman, receives "The Carter/Mathis Award" by the NAIOP for an individual that has made a big impact on the community and industry. 
- 2003, NAIOP names Carter "Developer of the Year"; Atlanta Business Chronicle ranks Carter Number One developer; National Real Estate Investor ranks Carter Number Nine developer nationally 
- 2005, NREI ranks Carter #2 office developer in the United States; Carter receives Summa cum Laude Partnership Award for Atlanta Partners for Education for mentoring program with Capitol View Elementary School
- 2006, Atlanta Business Chronicle awards Carter the “Mixed-Use Deal of the Year” for Lindbergh City Center 
- 2008, Atlanta Business Chronicle ranks Carter #2 most office square feet developed
- 2010, Piedmont West Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) 360 Award
- 2012, NAIOP Impact Award (Cincinnati Chapter) for The Banks; Carter CEO & Chairman Bob Peterson recognized as one of Atlanta’s Real Estate Icons;The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Award from BOMA-Atlanta for Piedmont West 
- 2013, Carter Senior Vice President of Development, Patti Neal, named to Building Design + Construction’s “40 Under 40” list; Standard of Excellence winner for Real Estate Category by New Media Institute; Real Estate Standard of Excellence winner by Web Marketing Association ; Carter Senior Vice President of Advisory, Malloy Peterson, named “Woman to Watch” by Real Estate Forum Magazine’s 20th Anniversary Special Edition of “Women of Influence”
- 2015, Carter received an Award for Excellence in Sustainable Rehabilitation from the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation for Campbell Hall  and was awarded Student Housing Business Innovator Award for "Best Mobile Marketing Campaign" at the Interface Conference
- 2016, Community Development award for City Springs
- 2017, Carter is awarded "Best Overall Deal" for Summerhill 
- 2019, The Atlanta Urban Design Commission awarded Carter projects with four awards at the 42nd Annual Design Awards Ceremony, including the "Community Design Award by NPUV for the Redevelopment on Georgia Ave along with Kronberg Wall" and three Awards of Excellence for the Redevelopment on Georgia Ave., 715 Peachtree, and the Ralph David Abernathy Blvd at the MET 
- "Atlanta real estate firm focuses on development, distressed inves | www.ajc.com". 2012-11-08. https://web.archive.org/web/20121108110007/http://www.ajc.com/news/business/atlanta-real-estate-firm-focuses-on-development-di/nQPMq/.
- "Pope & Carter Company, Inc. Georgia". Business Profiles. 1958-12-15. http://businessprofiles.com/details/pope-carter-company-inc/GA-F802291. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Ewald, William Bragg, Jr., 1925-2015. (2005). Trammell Crow : a legacy of real estate business innovation. Urban Land Institute. ISBN 0874209358. OCLC 61225840. http://worldcat.org/oclc/61225840.
- "About BHU - Advisory Board - Billy Mitchell - Beulah Heights University". https://www.beulah.edu/advisor_mitchell.
- "Real Estate Forum – June 2012". Reforum-digital.com. 2012-06-22. http://www.reforum-digital.com/reforum/201206#pg46. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "John Whitaker to lead Atlantic Station project". https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2004/09/13/daily16.html.
- Schenke, Jarred (May 9, 2003). "Holder Properties' Taylor headed to Carter & Associates". Atlanta Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2003/05/05/daily57.html.
- Demeropolis, Tom (July 20, 2017). "Carter is out as master developer of the Banks". Cincinatti Business Courier. https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/07/20/carter-is-out-as-master-developer-of-the-banks.html.
- Leiser, Janet (April 5, 2010). "The Validus Group backs billion-dollar 'mission critical' IPO". Tampa Bay Business Journal. https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2010/04/05/story3.html?page=all.
- "EX-10.3". https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1482974/000119312519103766/d725703dex103.htm.
- "Cassidy Turley wraps acquisition of Carter businesses". Atlanta Business Chronicle. September 6, 2011. https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2011/09/06/cassidy-turley-wraps-acquisition-of.html.
- Silva, Tricia (October 1, 2013). "Carter planning first student-housing project in San Antonio". San Antonio Business Journal. https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2013/10/carter-planning-first-student-housing.html.
- Layman, Tonya (August 17, 2018). "Sandy Springs celebrates new 'downtown' - City Springs". Atlanta Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/08/17/sandy-springs-celebrates-new-downtown-city-springs.html.
- Matt Kempner, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Turner Field neighbors hopeful, skeptical about area’s transformation" (in English). https://www.ajc.com/news/local/turner-field-neighbors-hopeful-skeptical-about-area-transformation/mFAftTrtN8J3dQ63wVWqsJ/.
- Keenan, Sean (2018-11-14). "Images: The Metropolitan is undergoing an art-centric, adaptive-reuse revival". https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-development/2018/11/14/18093482/carter-metropolitan-adaptive-reuse-coca-cola.
- Stirgus, Eric. "Morehouse School of Medicine starts work on $52 million campus expansion" (in English). https://www.ajc.com/news/local-education/morehouse-school-medicine-starts-work-million-campus-expansion/lh6LxFOrzebRKLmP8oqeFJ/.
- "GE building at The Banks sold for $107M" (in en). https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2016/10/17/ge-building-banks-sold-107m/92289272/.
- "CoStar News - Buckhead Medical Office Bldg Sells for $86.5 Million". https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/187701.
- Eagle, Robert Barron, Staff WriterEnid News and. "From demolition to restoration: Convention Hall to receive a Renaissance" (in en). https://www.enidnews.com/news/local_news/from-demolition-to-restoration-convention-hall-to-receive-a-renaissance/article_f738ed9f-c5fe-57b2-8191-04d44fe0e5ab.html.
- J. Scott Trubey, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Dewberry snags Midtown's Campanile" (in english). https://www.ajc.com/business/dewberry-snags-midtown-campanile/3jbPsD6QhNT6HmcwTvY7iJ/.
- Saporta, Maria (March 30, 2018). "Beltline spurs huge project in southwest Atlanta". Atlanta Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/03/30/beltline-spurs-huge-project-in-southwest-atlanta.html.
- "Template:Citation error". https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/01/25/summerhill-to-add-hundreds-of-housing-units-as.html.
- "Aspen Student Housing at Summerhill| Downtown Atlanta, GA". https://www.atlantadowntown.com/development/aspen-student-housing-at-summerhill.
- Kritzer, Ashley (November 14, 2017). "Go inside Nine15, downtown Tampa's new 23-story, $100 million apartment tower". Tampa Bay Business Journal. https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2017/11/14/go-inside-nine15-downtown-tampas-new-23-story-100.html.
- "DeSota could garner $80 million in sale | Business Observer" (in en). 2018-12-14. https://www.businessobserverfl.com/article/desota-carter-atlanta-apartments-cushman-and-wakefield-brad-capas.
- Zimmerman, Laura (2017-12-01). "Foundry Lofts Create More Residential Space for Students" (in en-US). https://www.huronvalleyelectric.com/foundry-lofts/.
- "Highpoint on Columbus Commons" (in en), Wikipedia, 2017-04-02, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Highpoint_on_Columbus_Commons&oldid=773424046, retrieved 2019-07-29
- "Apartment update – Place on Ponce, Trinity Triangle" (in en-US). 2014-05-28. https://decaturish.com/2014/05/apartment-update-place-ponce-trinity-triangle/.
- "View Case Study | AASHTO". https://planningtools.transportation.org/290/view-case-study.html?case_id=72.
- "Sneak preview of new apartments at The Banks" (in en). https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2015/10/09/radius-banks-apartments/73675598/.
- "The Preiss Company Continues Western Expansion, Named Manager of the Vista Student Housing Complex at Boise State University" (in en). 2014-11-19. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141119005495/en/Preiss-Company-Continues-Western-Expansion-Named-Manager.
- "Carter Breaks Ground on Tetro Student Village" (in en-US). 2014-01-31. https://www.studenthousingbusiness.com/carter-breaks-ground-on-tetro-student-village/.
- "Joint Venture to Develop $39M Luxury Student Housing Community at The University of Mississippi". https://www.multihousingnews.com/post/joint-venture-to-develop-39m-luxury-student-housing-community-at-the-university-of-mississippi/.
- "Template:Citation error". https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/08/17/sandy-springs-celebrates-new-downtown-city-springs.html.
- "City Federal Building - Bhamwiki". http://www.bhamwiki.com/w/City_Federal_Building.
- "The Developer of the Year Award: Industry Leadership and Innovation | NAIOP". https://www.naiop.org/About-NAIOP/Awards-Programs/Developer-of-the-Year.
- "Developments of Excellence Awards" (in en-US). https://atlantaregional.org/community-development/comprehensive-planning/developments-of-excellence-awards/.
- Sinderman, Martin (December 9, 2002). "Billy Mitchell outstanding in industry and community". Atlanta Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2002/12/09/focus2.html.
- "Developer of the Year Award". NAIOP. 2013-10. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Top 25 Office Developers". National Real Estate Investor. 2005-07-01. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Introduction: Awards honor best deals of 2006". Atlanta Business Chronicle. 2007-03-05. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "29 More Buildings Receive the BOMA 360 Designation for Excellence". BOMA. 2010-09-22. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Banks developer Carter Dawson big winner at NAIOP Night of Stars event". Cincinnati Business Courier. 2012-11-09. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Atlanta's Real Estate Icons". Real Estate Forum magazine. 2012-06. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "2012 TOBY Winners: Celebrating Atlanta's Best Buildings". Insight Magazine. 2012-02. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Meet BD+C's 40 under 40 class of 2013". Building Design + Construction. 2013-05-08. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "2013 New Media Awards" New Media Awards. 2013-09. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Carter wins 2013 WebAward for Carter Website" Web Marketing Association. 2013-09. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Women to Watch" Real Estate Forum. 2013-07. Retrieved: 2013-11-07.
- "Agnes Scott College Campbell Hall Renovation" (in en-US). https://dev-carter.worldsecuresystems.com/projects/agnes-scott-college-campbell-hall-renovation?A=SearchResult&SearchID=5588466&ObjectID=4134570&ObjectType=35.
- "Meet Tetro Student Village the MHN Excellence Gold in ‘Marketing’". https://www.multihousingnews.com/post/meet-tetro-student-village-the-mhn-excellence-gold-in-marketing/.
- Godwin, Becca J. G.. "Of all the north Fulton developments, this one just won an award" (in English). https://www.ajc.com/news/local/all-the-north-fulton-developments-this-one-just-won-award/n4Wvato27JkFx8rNX0C4HN/.
- "Best in Atlanta Real Estate: Turner Field redevelopment set to transform Atlanta". https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2017/03/03/best-in-atlanta-real-estateturner-field.html.
- "Carter Projects Win Four Atlanta Urban Design Commission Design Awards". http://www.carterusa.com/app-latest-news/carter-projects-win-four-atlanta-urban-design-commission-design-awards?A=SearchResult&SearchID=5589115&ObjectID=5448564&ObjectType=35.