- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 15 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Chandra_Bhople. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Chandra_Bhople, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Chandra_Bhople.
Advertising? Template:COI oooh, orphan
|Born||Arvi, Wardha, MH, India|
|Residence||San Jose, California|
|Alma mater||BITS Pilani|
|Known for||Entrepreneurship, Global Technology Executive, BITSAA initiatives|
Chandra Bhople is an  entrepreneur and global technology executive. He is a global professional who has worked in 6 countries - USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Middle East, and India. He established community driven educational initiatives in business and engineering education. Chandra takes special interest in mentoring students and young entrepreneurs. Globally, he helps in the expansion of BITS Pilani Alumni Association  leveraging the power of Generation Y.
Chandra Bhople (Chandrashekhar Bhople) was born in Arvi (Wardha), India. As a son of the local Post Master, he was brought up in a middle-class family of two sisters and one brother. Upon completion of his high school with merit rank, he went to Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani to pursue bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and post graduate education in Business Management. He was a recipient of Merit Scholarship for 13 years from State Government of Maharashtra. During his college days he held various leadership positions in the areas of sports and students’ support organizations. He is fluent in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
Chandra received BS in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Masters in Business Management from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani).
Chandra started his career with ORG Systems, Secunderabad as a sales & marketing executive. Subsequently, he worked for ICIM India, then the Indian subsidiary of ICL UK; Wang Labs (USA) in Saudi Arabia; and HCL Ltd. in Delhi and Bangalore. In 1990 he moved to Singapore to work for Digital Equipment (DEC) and later took over the Asia-Pacific business responsibility for SysScan Asia (Norwegian GIS Software company).
Career and Business Interests
His current focus as the founder of Eltropy Inc, is in using cloud technology for simplifying distribution, consumption, and feedback of content from Marketing to Sales to Customers on WhatsApp, SMS and emails. Over last 30 years, he has worked in USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Middle East, and India. Besides being an entrepreneur, he has professional experience in the areas of global sales, business development, marketing, and operations with companies such as Sun Microsystems, SysScan Asia, Digital Equipment, Wang, HCL, TechSpan (now Headstrong), and Osellus.
His latest social initiative, Ball can change my life, is aimed at increasing physical balance and mental attention among rural school children.
- Press Release in Lokmat of Marketing Seminar delivered at VIA ForumTemplate:Dead link
- Article on Management Education in DNA Pune, India. Template:Dead link
- Board of Directors of BITSAA Silicon Valley Chapter
- Board member of BITSAA International
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-03-25. https://web.archive.org/web/20110325112855/http://www.nuvaedu.com/teamnuva.html. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- OCTAVE Business School