- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 29 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:CobolScript. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/CobolScript, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/CobolScript.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2011)
Template:Unreliable sources In computer programming, CobolScript is a COBOL-based scripting language. CobolScript has syntax familiar to COBOL programmers and is used for data conversion, batch interfaces, and server-side scripting. It has versions for Microsoft Windows, Linux, SunOS and FreeBSD.
The following program produces the HTML of a very simple web page, and can be run on a web server (standard output is redirected to the web browser).
* "Hello world" program * DISPLAY `Content-type: text/html`. DISPLAY LINEFEED. DISPLAY `<HTML><BODY>`. DISPLAY `<CENTER>Hello World</CENTER>`. DISPLAY `</BODY></HTML>`.
- Imajo, T.; Miyake, T. ; Sato, S. ; Ito, T. ; Yokotsuka, D. ; Tsujihata, Y. ; Uemura, S. (2000). "COBOL Script: a business-oriented scripting language". Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference, 2000.: 231 - 240. Template:Citation error. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=882363. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- CobolScript reference manual, page 23, The CobolScript String Delimiter: “In CobolScript ... the default string delimiter is the Gravè accent”.
- http://cobolscript.googlepages.com/cobolscript – the new CobolScript website.
- http://cobolscript.googlepages.com/cbmanual.pdf – the CobolScript reference manual.
- http://groups.google.com/group/cobolscript – CobolScript on Google Groups.