- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 27 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Connor_Byers. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Connor_Byers, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Connor_Byers.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2015)
Connor Byers (born May 20, 2001) is an American singer/rapper and songwriter. He is signed to Sing Records. Byers' is currently working with Glow Studios.
 On January 30, 2015, Byers released his debut single So Long, which was followed by the announcement of his first extended play, LOCKED. The album was released on the 4th of May 2015, and is to be followed by a tour.
Byers was born in Anacortes, Washington, but quickly moved to Durham, New Hampshire with his parents, James "Jeb" and Tyra Byers. Midway into his childhood, he moved again to Athens, Georgia where he still lives today.
Byers first glimpse of fame came after a video of him at a middle school talent show went slightly viral on the popular video site YouTube, of him playing When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. Several months later, he came back with a video posted on the same video site, which also went viral of him covering Little Things, this one breaking 100,000 views.
Around summer 2014, Byers formed a band, deciding on the name Absent Mind. Their debut single Boom Boom Boom was released August of the same year and received a mostly positive response.
On January 30, 2015, Byers released the first single off LOCKED, titled So Long. Byers announced early 2015 that his first album LOCKED will come out in spring or summer of 2015. The album released on the 4th of May (2015) and received a positive response, with criticism mainly coming from the lack of songs on the album, as there are only 4. The songs on the EP include "Top of the World", "1000 Knives", "So Long", and "Secret of the Night". "Top of the World" was the highest charting single, making it to #192 on the iTunes Pop Chart.
2016 - Present: LOCKED
On April 15, 2016, Byers announced his first full-length album with the release of the single, "Like Oh", available along with a pre-order of the album. The song is Byers' best selling to date, selling over 5,000 copies, and passing 100,000 YouTube views. The album was released on the 13th of May to much success. The album release party was hosted in Byers' hometown of Athens and more than 500 people showed up. The album spawned an additional single, "Down", a collaboration with pop singer Daya.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Top of the World"||2015||192|
|"Like Oh"||2016||170||Ready to Go|
- "Locked - EP by Connor Byers on Apple Music". https://itun.es/us/iHsa7.
- "200 Reviews by Next Monday? - Connor Byers" (in en-US). Connor Byers. 2015-05-06. http://connorb.com/200-reviews-by-next-monday.
- Tyra Byers (2013-05-10), Bruno Mars When I Was Your Man Talent Show: Connor, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd01wo0RNog, retrieved 2017-10-17
- Connor Byers (2013-11-14), Connor Byers Little Things Cover + Lyrics, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAHDB31D1U8, retrieved 2017-10-17
- "Boom Boom Boom - Single by Absent Mind on Apple Music". https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/boom-boom-boom-single/id904739412.
- Young, Zach. "Connor Byers - Music's Next Big Thing". http://www.prlog.org/12444983-connor-byers-musics-next-big-thing.html. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Top of the World on the charts". http://connorb.com/top-of-the-world-on-the-charts. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Connor Byers - Preorder". http://connorb.com/ready-go-available-pre-order. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Like Oh Music Video". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDtlb3ge7z4. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Ready to Go by Connor Byers on Apple Music". https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ready-to-go/id1100122538.