- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 5 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Cristina_Scuccia. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cristina_Scuccia, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cristina_Scuccia.
Sister Cristina Scuccia (also known as Template:Lang, Italian for "Sister Christina") is an Italian Ursuline nun who won the 2014 season of The Voice of Italy as part of Team J-Ax, resulting in a record deal with Universal. In 2013, she won a Christian music competition as part of the Good News Festival.
Cristina Scuccia was born in Comiso in 1988. She became a novice in 2009 and worked for two years with poor children in Brazil before formally joining the Ursuline order. In the years from 2009 to 2011, Sister Cristina improved her artistic dowries to the academy of show "Star Rose Academy" in Rome, and her teacher of singing was the singer songwriter Franco Simone.  Her television debut was in june 2012 to the program "Dizionario dei sentimenti" of Franco Simone, in Gold Tv in Rome. 
The Voice of Italy
In 2014, Scuccia applied to The Voice of Italy singing competition, singing for her audition "No One" by Alicia Keys. The performance received more than 50 million views, Template:YouTube. She was very popular with the audience and all four judges—Raffaella Carrà, J-Ax, Noemi, and Piero Pelù—turned their chairs in the blind audition. Cristina chose to be part of Team J-Ax. Throughout the contest, she wore a simple crucifix around her neck, black shoes and ankle-length black religious habit.[no citations needed here] During the show, she sang "The Cup of Life" alongside Ricky Martin and during the final, she sang a duet with Kylie Minogue on "Can't Get You Out of My Head". In the final, she won the trophy with 62% of the Italian votes against runner-up Giacomo Voli.[no citations needed here] After winning, she thanked God for her victory, reciting an "Our Father" prayer to the show organizers and audience.[no citations needed here]
- Blind audition (19 March 2014): "No One" by Alicia Keys. All four chairs turned.
- Battle round (16 April 2014): "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. Advanced against Luna Palumbo of Team J-Ax.
- Knock out round (24 April 2014): "Hero" by Mariah Carey. Advanced against Benedetta Giovagnini of Team J-Ax.
- Live show 1 (7 May 2014): "Flashdance... What a Feeling" by Irene Cara. Saved by coach.
- Live show 2 (14 May 2014): "Uno su mille" by Gianni Morandi. Saved by public vote.
- Live show 3 (21 May 2014): "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. Saved by public vote.
- Semi-final (28 May 2014): "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes. 45/100 from coach and 70.18/100 from voting public. Advanced to final. Dylan Magon from Team J-Ax eliminated.
- Final (5 June 2014) singing:
- Phase one (Final 4):
- Phase 2 (Final 3):
- Phase 3 (Final 2)
Album & video
On October 20, 2014, the music video for Scuccia's version of Madonna's "Like A Virgin" was released on Vevo platform. It is the lead single from her new album "Sister Cristina" which will be released on November 11. The album contains her interpretations of a number of songs as well as two previously unreleased songs.
- "Singing Nun Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's Voice". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6113762/singing-nun-cristina-scuccia-wins-italy-voice-video-2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Singing Nun Sister Cristina Scuccia Wins Italy's Voice". New York Daily News. New York. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/singing-nun-sister-cristina-scuccia-wins-italy-voice-article-1.1819635. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Davies, Lizzy. "Singing nun Cristina Scuccia Becomes Internet Star After The Voice Audition". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/mar/21/singing-nun-cristina-scuccia-star-the-voice-italy-audition. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Suor Cristina, Italy's Singing Nun, Wins The Voice". The Daily Telegraph. Agence France-Presse. 6 June 2014. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10879928/Suor-Cristina-Italys-singing-nun-wins-The-Voice.html. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Franco Simone su suor Cristina: "Non si farà stritolare da successo" - Adnkronos 30/04/2014
- SUOR CRISTINA/ Video, L'esibizione al fianco del cantautore Franco Simone (The voice of Italy 2014) - Sussidiario 25/03/2014
- "The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Music! Kylie Minogue Joins Singing Nun for a Sister Act on Stage for The Voice Italy". Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2622992/Kylie-Minogue-joins-singing-nun-Sister-Cristina-Sister-Act-The-Voice-Italy.html. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Like A Virgin: the song singing by Sister Cristina". ParlandoDi. http://www.parlandodi.it/2014/10/20/video-like-a-virgin-il-brano-cantato-da-suor-cristina/. Retrieved 20 October 2014.