- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 14 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Cuvva. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cuvva, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cuvva.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
oooh, orphan Template:Undisclosed paid
Cuvva was launched in 2016. It was the first insurance company to sell hourly car insurance policies, and the first to sell policies through an app.
As well as temporary car insurance, Cuvva also offers short-term policies for learner drivers and vans.
Since 2019, Cuvva has also offered single-trip travel insurance.
As of July 2019, Cuvva has sold more than 1,000,000 temporary car insurance policies. And in October, Bruce Carnegie-Brown, chairman of Lloyds of London and formerly of Moneysupermarket.com, joined Cuvva as chairman. Carnegie-Brown is also vice-chairman at Banco Santander.
In 2019, Cuvva raised a £15m Series A, to support the launch of its new pay-monthly car insurance.
The company has raised over £17 million in funding since 2014 from various investors including Techstars Ventures, Tekton Ventures, Seedcamp, LocalGlobe, Breega, Nick Hungerford (founder of Nutmeg) and Ian Hogarth (founder of SongKick).
In 2019, Cuvva raised a £15m Series A.
City A.M. awarded the business Fintech Company of the Year in November 2017.
Cuvva won The Insurance Start-up Award at The British Insurance Awards in 2017.
In January 2020, Cuvva was awarded "Best User Experience" at the 11:FS Pulse Awards.
- "Cuvva Overview". https://crunchbase.com/organization/cuvva. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Template:Citation error". London TechWatch. https://www.londontechwatch.com/2019/09/cuvva-flexible-auto-insurance-hourly-freddy-macnamara/.
- Syed, Aara. "TECHNOLOGY Cuvva expands into travel with new app-based product". Insurance Age. https://www.insuranceage.co.uk/technology/4160241/cuvva-expands-into-travel-with-new-app-based-product. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "InsurTech Startup Cuvva Smashes One Million Policies Sold Barrier". https://thefintechtimes.com/cuvva-policies-sold-barrier/. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- Axling, Ida. "Lloyd's chairman Bruce Carnegie-Brown joins Cuvva". Insurance Age. https://www.insuranceage.co.uk/technology/4238651/lloyds-chairman-bruce-carnegie-brown-joins-cuvva. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- O'Hear, Steve. "Cuvva raises £15M Series A to launch flexible monthly car insurance". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/03/cuvva-raises-15m/.
- O'Hear, Steve. "Cuvva launching pay-as-you-go car insurance aimed at infrequent drivers". https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/24/cuvva-localglobe/. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- O'Hear, Steve. " "Cuvva raises £15M Series A to launch flexible monthly car insurance". https://techcrunch.com/2019/12/03/cuvva-raises-15m/". Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "City A.M. Awards 2017". http://www.cityam.com/awards. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "The British Insurance Awards 2017". https://www.insuranceawards.com/delete.
- Kocianski, Sarah. "Pulse Awards Report – 2020". 11:FS. https://pulse.11fs.com/research-reports/2020/01/pulse-awards-report-2020.