- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 11 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Daire_O'Brien. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Daire_O'Brien, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Daire_O'Brien.
Daire O'Brien is an Irish broadcaster and journalist. He is best known for being the presenter and anchorman of RTÉ Sport's coverage of rugby league, and has been with RTÉ since 2010. Before this he presented for Setanta Sports, where he was one of their most recognisable faces. He has also contributed to Newstalk. He has written for the Irish Independent, The Sunday Times, The Sunday Business Post and the Sunday Tribune and reported for Prime Time in the 1990s. He narrated the RTÉ series Tidiest of Towns in 2007.
He has been involved in a gambling controversy. His family home is Carrigrohane Castle in Cork, his father Leo was a businessman and his older brother is the well-known socialite businessman Breifne O'Brien - he has served as a director on several of his brother's companies.
- "RTÉ Eleventh Hour - Talk To Us". RTÉ Sport. http://www.rte.ie/tv/eleventhhour/talk-to-us.html. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "RTÉ launches Magners League Coverage". RTÉ Sport. 30 August 2010. http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rabo-direct-pro-12/2010/0830/269942-magners/. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Finn, Melanie (27 August 2010). "RTE poaches O'Brien to lead the Magners pack". Evening Herald. http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rte-poaches-obrien-to-lead-the-magners-pack-2314203.html. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "'Tidiest of Towns' to kick off on RTE". ITFN. 20 November 2007. http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4280834&tpl=archnews&force=1.
- "RTE star's €3k bet 'con': TV pundit Daire refused to pay wager says bookie girl". Sunday World. http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php?aid=7922.
- Hogan, Louise (21 September 2012). "Celtic Tiger party boy Breifne O'Brien bailed out by pensioner mum". Irish Independent. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/celtic-tiger-party-boy-breifne-obrien-bailed-out-by-pensioner-mum-3235719.html. Retrieved 21 September 2012. "Mr O'Brien comes from an affluent family in Cork, where his father Leo was a successful businessman. His younger brother Daire O'Brien is a familiar face to many as an RTE rugby presenter. Their family home, Carrigrohane Castle, overlooks the River Lee."