Dark Gods (Marvel Comics)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 10 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dark_Gods_(Marvel_Comics). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dark_Gods_(Marvel_Comics), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dark_Gods_(Marvel_Comics).
Template:In-universe Template:Infobox comics organization The Dark Gods are fictional characters appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The characters first appear as a group in Thor #4 (Oct. 1998) and were created by Dan Jurgens and John Romita Jr.
The first Dark God to appear, Perrikus, debuted in Thor vol. 2, #1 (July 1998). The characters first appear as a group in Thor #4–5.
Fictional character biography
The first Dark God, Perrikus, appears when accidentally freed from a prison in Asgard by the Thunder God Thor. Not knowing what has occurred, Thor departs and Perrikus brings his brethren to Asgard. The core group are Perrikus (god of "Power Unlimited and Energy Infinite"); Majeston Zelia (the leader and Perrikus' mother); Adva (god of Portals and Knowledge); D'Chel (god of Illusion); Tokkots (god of Rhyme) and Slototh (god of Filth). With an army they invade and overrun Asgard, capturing Odin, Thor's father and the ruler of the Norse gods.
Revealed to be the evil opposites of the Norse gods, the Dark Gods first invaded Asgard over a millennium ago after an Asgardian scout called Lonkarr found and investigated the city of the Dark Gods. While there, Lonkarr was attacked by Tserron—the wife of Perrikus—whom he killed in combat. Perrikus then led the Dark Gods after Lonkarr to Asgard where the two factions entered into a full-scale war. Although thwarted, the Dark Gods now seek revenge. The now-adult Thor battles Perrikus and during combat slices the Thunder God's hammer Mjolnir in half with his own weapon. Despite this setback, Thor regroups, and with the aid of fellow immortal Hercules and the Asgardian Destroyer defeats Perrikus and the Dark Gods.
Desak the God Slayer eventually finds and slaughters the surviving Dark Gods, and only Perrikus and Adva (god of Portals and Knowledge) escape. The pair eventually battle Thor at the direction of Zarrko the Tomorrow Man, although both concede defeat when Thor severs Perrikus's right arm with the Bloodaxe. Perrikus and Adva retreat and have yet to reappear.
These Dark Gods were ancient extra-dimensional entities who bled through the dimensional barriers to the Microverse world of K'ai in times past. Their worship eventually died out, but they eventually plan to reclaim the K'ai and its people.
- Thor vol. 2, #1 (July 1998); #4 - 5 (Oct. - Nov. 1998); #7 - 12 (Jan. - June 1999)
- Thor vol. 2, #42 - 43 (Dec. 2001 - Jan. 2002)
- Thor vol. 2, #53 (Oct. 2002)
- What If!? #23. Marvel Comics.
- All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #8. Marvel Comics.
- Dark Gods at Marvel Wiki