- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 11 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:David_Beurle. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Beurle, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Beurle.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (November 2016)
Template:Peacock oooh, orphan
David Beurle, August 2013
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
- Yanco Agricultural High School (1973–1976);
- Tumbarumba High School (1977–1978);
- University of Sydney – Bachelor of Agricultural Science Degree (1979–1983)
Beurle graduated from University of Sydney in 1983, and commenced a career within the Western Australian Government, including eight years with the Department of Agriculture as a Rangeland Scientist in the outback of Australia, including a year with the Hon Ernie Bridge, Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources; and then eight years as Principal Adviser to the Hon Monty House, MLA, Minister for Agriculture and Fisheries. During his work within the Western Australian Government, David represented the State of Western Australia on more than 40 international, national and State trade groups, working committees and trade delegations, including as a Ministerial representative on the Kimberley Pastoral Industry Advisory Committee. He designed and led the Progress Rural WA initiative from 1996 to 2001. From 2001-2003, he worked as a Manager with Landmark Worldwide, one of the world’s leading international personal training and development companies. He has served as a Director on the Board of the Western Australian Community Foundation (2003–2006).
Future iQ Partners
Beurle founded his company Future iQ Partners in 2003, which was known as Innovative Leadership from 2003-2011. It is a privately owned corporation with locations in Australia, North America and Europe. Beurle has worked across numerous locations around the world with communities, corporations, regions, government and industries in building future intelligence through his rigorous tools and products. The raison d’etre of the company is building future intelligence in companies, corporations, communities, regionsand industries. The company specializes in helping people deal with global trends within their own context and has often worked with regions facing economic shocks. The company has also worked with indigenous populations, as well as large corporate clients. Beurle hosted the Global Think Tank, entitled ‘Building Sustainable Regional Communities in Today’s World’. This event was held at St George’s House, Windsor Castle, UK, and included Lord David Puttnam (CBE) who gave the keynote speech at this Consultation.
Beurle has led the development and application of the future simulation tool, The Future Game, which has been used across the world in a wide range of settings from indigenous cultures, Government sectors, large corporations and industry groups. It has also been played with Regional Government Leaders and Local Government across the US and Europe. Beurle has given a large number of keynote speeches on topics of future trends, and has led some 300 large-scale community visioning efforts.
- International CommunityDevelopment Society’s (CDS) ‘Innovative Programme Award’ for the development of ‘a superior innovative program’ for the Progress Rural WA initiative (2001).
- Finalist in State West Achievement Awards (WA) for ‘Outstanding Service to the Community and Significant Efficiency / Productivity’ (2000).
- The Community Progress Initiative, which Beurle helped design and implement (in Wisconsin USA 2003-2007) was awarded the following:
- USA Small Business Administration national award for innovation in job creation
- National (US) award from the US Council of Foundations
- 2005 International Community Development Society ‘Innovative Program Award’.
- Voted Top Rural Development Initiative in Wisconsin
- 'Views of the Future' - Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Brown Counties, Wisconsin USA, July 2013. Report from regional Scenario Planning workshop conducted as part of a regional economic response to the closure of a nuclear power station.
- ‘Local Official’s Guide to Defense Industry Adjustment’ published by U.S. Department of Defense, Office of Economic Adjustment, July 2013 (contributing author).
- ‘The Way We Work: Systems View Of Alberta’s Small Business Programs And Services’, as part of the development of a Small Business Strategy Alberta, Canada – May 2013
- Summary report of an international consultation, entitled ‘Building Sustainable Regional Communities in Today’s World’ held at St George’s House, Windsor Castle, October 15 and 16, 2012
- Future West Cork – Vision Report - June, 2012. A report on the outcomes of an 18-month regional engagement and visioning project including over 800 people.
- Development of a Process to Turn Plausible Scenarios into On-Ground Action James Fisher, David Beurle and Michael O’Connor. The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability. Volume 5, Number 2 2009
- The ‘Futures Game’: A Scenario Game Workshop Package to Engage Futures Thinking David Beurle, Michael O’Connor and James Fisher. The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability. Volume 5, Number 6 2009
- Economics of Collaboration - Building Capacity to Address Future Challenges, 2015
- Cities of the Future - Future iQ Partners Research Piece, 2015
- Interview with David Beurle (Colorado, USA, July 2013)
- Interview with David Beurle and Pam Borda, KENVTV Channel 10 (Elko, Nevada, USA, February 2013)
- Introduction speech to the Global Think-tank 'Building Sustainable Regional Communities' - St George's House Windsor Castle, October 2012.
- Keynote presentation - Columbia Basin Symposium (Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada, October 2010)
- Stakeholders receive update on Allen County economic development project (Lima, Ohio, USA, June 15, 2016)
- ‘We Are Lima Allen County’ website launches (Lima, Ohio, USA, July 12, 2016)
- Vision Edina: Edina in 2030 (Edina, MN, USA, October 23, 2014)
- Innovation in Community Engagement - The Future Game
- U.S. Department of Defense - Local Stakeholder meeting series a crucial part of economic development effort
- The Lima News - Consulting firm earns 2nd contract for JSMC workforce grant
- MINUTES OF THE WORK SESSION OF THE EDINA CITY COUNCIL - APRIL 21, 2015
- David Beurle - CG Publisher
- University of Idaho - The Futures Game Pacific Northwest
- Scenario planning- living in the future today!
- KCEDC - Regional Economic Action Plan Released
- Hood River News - ‘Tourism Studio’ brings 140 people to same table to talk Gorge goals
- Star Tribune - Edina seeks a youthful viewpoint on its future
- Allen County Chamber of Commerce - 4TH ANNUAL REGIONAL AUTO GROWTH SUMMIT
- "David Beurle". Common Grounds Publishing Profile. http://davidbeurle.cgpublisher.com/biography.html.
- "David Beurle". Midwest2020. http://www.midwest2020.be/upload/ckeditor/file/David%20Beurle%20-%20Resume%20-%20Feb%202013.pdf.
- "David Beurle". NATCAPWFS.org. http://www.natcapwfs.org/EventFlyers/napcapwfs_FutureIQ_2014.pdf.
- "Hon Monty House, MLA". Hon Monty House MLA. http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Parliament%5CMemblist.nsf/WAllMembersFlat/House,+Montague+(Monty)+Grant?opendocument.
- "National Library of Australia". http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/19173.
- "Government of Western Australia". https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/Lawrence/1992/05/New-committee-to-aid-Kimberley-pastoral-industry.aspx.
- "National Library of Australia". http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/19173.
- "Future iQ Partners". http://www.future-iq.com.
- "Elko Newsmakers Interview Feb 2013". http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20130213/1173178/Elko-Newsmakers-Pam-Borda-David-Beurle.htm.
- "St George's House, Windsor Castle, October 2012". http://www.stgeorgeshouse.org/consultations/social-and-ethical-consultations/recent-consultations/building-sustainable-regional-communities/.
- "Dutch Future Society, June 2013". http://dutchfuturesociety.com/dutch-future-society-plays-the-future-game/.